SpänViggen

Edit: Now being done as an SH!

Seeing as I only had 10-15 kits on the go, I decided to start another :wacko:

This is the kit

HE80309.jpg

Still haven't gotten decals, but I know where to find them :)

I'll try to mod it into a Di version like this, although I'll hang live rounds on it :boom:

So I made a start

JA37Di001.jpg

I still need to finish the seat and flyboy. Painted the tub and ip grey. The ip was then dry-brushed with black (dry-ish anyway :banghead: ) and details were picked out with a white ball-point pen and Tamiya clear green.

JA37Di002.jpg

The tank that's included in the kit is incorrect for the JA (not shown used in the instructions, so all's good) so I'll need to make some fins for it myself. Also made what will be the open thrust reverser blades. As usual for me it will be in-flight, which would make a closed reverser a bit daft.

All for now, be back later :)

Edited by hatchet

Sweet I'll comment more when I'm not on break :)

FINISH HIM!

D

More done!

Made some new fins for the gasbag

JA37Di003.jpg

They still need a bit of tweaking

Weapons

JA37Di004.jpg

Gunpack needs assembly and I filled in the ejector marks on the 'Winders and Slammers. The BOL rails and Viper Sidewinder rails will be combined to make a Swedish BOL rail - basically the same as the USN one, but without the gas-bottle on the front. BOL rails, common rails, 'Winders and Slammers are from various Hase weapons sets (V and VII I think it was), the Viper rails are from a Hase kit.

Flyboy

JA37Di005.jpg

Face still needs to be painted, as well as the visor.

More later

Great start Martin.

As a co-subscriber to the policy of 'unstarted kits are evidence of wasted talent', it's reassuring to know that unrecognised genius is only a Britmodeller thread away. I'm a huge fan of the Viggen (I believe the feeling is mutual) and I'm very interested to see how yours turns out. It's also good to see you intend to arm it to the teeth. All the best.

Andrew.

Go Martin go Martin!!!!
I am!
Great start Martin.

As a co-subscriber to the policy of 'unstarted kits are evidence of wasted talent', it's reassuring to know that unrecognised genius is only a Britmodeller thread away. I'm a huge fan of the Viggen (I believe the feeling is mutual) and I'm very interested to see how yours turns out. It's also good to see you intend to arm it to the teeth. All the best.

Thanks Andrew! I believe you had a part in this one, I'm fairly certain the flyboy came from you! He fits near-perfectly by the way, only needed the boots cut off :)

Oh, blue or no weapons are a bit dull :mg:

Thanks Andrew! I believe you had a part in this one, I'm fairly certain the flyboy came from you! He fits near-perfectly by the way, only needed the boots cut off :)

Oh, blue or no weapons are a bit dull :mg:

Always happy to help in your endeavours; glad to hear that ol' mate's found a worthy home. Thanks muchly for sharing the pics of your build. I've found some decals for mine but given that I really like the duals with EW kit, I had better warm up the masking tape for the four (?) colour camouflage!

Andrew

Always happy to help in your endeavours; glad to hear that ol' mate's found a worthy home. Thanks muchly for sharing the pics of your build. I've found some decals for mine but given that I really like the duals with EW kit, I had better warm up the masking tape for the four (?) colour camouflage!

Andrew

Try this?

Wow, didn't know about these, many thanks for the pointer. Have you used this mask, or seen it utilised?

Andrew, off to do some research.

Nope, haven't tried it. I'm planning to do so tho' :)

Flyboy done

Face and visor

JA37Di006.jpg

Harness

JA37Di007.jpg

In the tub

JA37Di008.jpg

JA37Di009.jpg

JA37Di010.jpg

I added a strip to reinforce the join between the ip and tub - otherwise I think it would have broken off fairly quickly!

Way past my bedtime now, see you all later today :D

Okay, a few piccies

Missiles, with the seams sanded off

JA37Di011.jpg

Sidewinders also had the front fins attached

Gunpack with tabs for the gasbag

JA37Di012.jpg

Interestingly (mainly because I didn't know), the KCA cannon uses the same bullet as the GAU-8 & -13, 30mm*173

Gasbag with holes for the tabs

JA37Di013.jpg

And joined up

JA37Di014.jpg

Gasbag still needs its fins.

All for now

He builds!!!!!

I'm waiting for the painting stage with baited breath!

D

Nice work, Martin.

You've given the tank some decent location pins, and I'm sure the fins you add will be a whole lot more true to scale, judging by the indications on the bag. Looking forward to more pics when available.

Andrew.