Airfix 1:48 Lightning F6

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to have a go at this Photobucket malarkey (being technophobic and cack handed is not fun!) so hopefully here are some pics of my last build.............

lightning1.jpg

100_0758.jpg

100_0750.jpg

100_0757.jpg

100_0753.jpg

100_0759.jpg

Regards,

Gary

Edited by rdxtnt

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to have a go at this Photobucket malarkey (being technophobic and cack handed is not fun!) so...

Nothing wrong with your photographing abilities....super quality!

Lightnings good too!

Did you use a pencil for the panle lines?

Beautiful Lightning :cool:

Love the finish....Mind telling us what it is?

Also, is that aftermarket cockpit and ladder? :huh:

Once again, Very Nice Job :thumbsup:

Hi, the finish is in various airbrushed shades of Alclad. Main body colour is Alclad Highly Polished Aluminium with various panels picked out in darker shades. Panel lines are then highlighted with Paynes Grey artists oil paint from a tube, used neat (not mixed with thinner) applied with a fine brush. Excess paint is then removed by gently rubbing with a piece of kitchen towel. More Alclad Polished Aluminium and Chrome Silver is then applied to the center of some of the larger panels to enhance the metallic finish.

The ladder is aftermarket..... made by Airwaves (available from Hannants). Cockpit is resin by Neomega.

Thanks for your kind comments. Regards,

Gary.

Jeezus Gary!!

That may be just about the most realistic nmf I've seen. Definitely something to aspire to :thumbsup2:

Got any more?

Steve.

Afraid not at the moment. I've a couple tucked away in the stash....... fancy trying a 2-seater one day...... 226 OCU, nmf , yellow training stripes and red tail is fave at the moment.

Nothing wrong with your photographing abilities....super quality!

Lightnings good too!

Did you use a pencil for the panle lines?

Panel lines are done with undiluted artists oil paint (Paynes Grey) applied just to the panel line itself with small stiff brush. Gently remove excess with clean kitchen towel. It goes on like a paste but requires care as it is easy to overdo and make the whole thing too dark. Regards,

Gary.

OK, hand on heart, that is the BEST nmf Lightning I have ever seen...just gorgeous!...thanks for the pictures...:D

From where I'm sat, you've made a flawless job of that lightning, so I'm afraid I'm not believing your claims to be cack-handed. :fraidnot: An absolute stunner.... S W E E T ;)

You ratbag Gary, Iwas quite happy with mine until I saw yours!

Tom.

Hi Gary,

Everyone has said it all.....really excellent use of Alclad II. The variation in your tones is very effective and you've decided on the base colour for my future attempts...Thanks for some really great pics that have got my motivation going...! Cheers, Geoff :yikes:

Seriously guys, thanks for all of your kind comments. It's very encouraging to receive such positive feedback. I'm glad I persevered with this one.........it was close to going in the bin on more than one occasion. Many thanks again. Regards,

Gary. :)

Edited by rdxtnt