My models so far

Just joined today

My name is martin and here are a few pics of models I have completed. The P47 is

the latest.It is a Tamiya 1/48 scale. The P40 and ME109 are both 1/32 scale.

I look at the standard of some of the models I have seen on other forums and I can get a bit demoralised

however if I can achieve those standards then I have something to aim for.

I use Tamiya paints and a AZTEC airbrush and compressor. These are the first models I have ever used an airbrush on

and I am generaly happy with the results.

I build straight out of the box apart from harness or entire cockpits. I have 6 other models to build including 132 scale

P51 FW190 and 1/48 scale EE lightning, Buccaneer and Eduard FW190. I also have two 1/35 scale tanks a challenger 2

(next project) and a Cromwell tank. These I hope will test my skilss in a different direction.

On a personal note I have served 23 years in the British Army and currently serve in Surrey. I build my models out of my son's

cupboard in his bedroom(when he is out obviously). Its the only place the long haired general will let me.

Anyway enough waffle please feel free to comment

Martin

P47c.jpg

P47a.jpg

ME109G142.jpg

000_0068.jpg

I know what you mean by getting demoralised! having seen the range of expertise on here, i have a lot of room for improvement!! these models look great though, especially that 109! if i can get to this standard, i will be pretty damn chuffed with myself!

Great work!!

Just joined today

My name is martin and here are a few pics of models I have completed. The P47 is

the latest.It is a Tamiya 1/48 scale. The P40 and ME109 are both 1/32 scale.

I look at the standard of some of the models I have seen on other forums and I can get a bit demoralised

however if I can achieve those standards then I have something to aim for.

I use Tamiya paints and a AZTEC airbrush and compressor. These are the first models I have ever used an airbrush on

and I am generaly happy with the results.

I build straight out of the box apart from harness or entire cockpits. I have 6 other models to build including 132 scale

P51 FW190 and 1/48 scale EE lightning, Buccaneer and Eduard FW190. I also have two 1/35 scale tanks a challenger 2

(next project) and a Cromwell tank. These I hope will test my skilss in a different direction.

Hey Martin,

Nothing to be demoralised about there! My only comment would be that they could benefit from a mat varnish being sprayed over top. For a first-time run through with an airbrush they are particularly impressive - they aren't the easiest tool to get the hang of!

Cheers from NZ

Mike A

:welcome: Martin! Don't be demoralised with those models, they're good! Especially as you're only just starting out with the Airbrush! I'm in a similar position with using the airbrush, it's all about confidence really!

Britmodeler will only help you get better! The tips, tricks and help I've picked up from the good folks on here has helped me come on in leaps and bounds in the last couple of months!

Karl.

Welcome aboard Simmo. Like you, I am in awe of the talent on display here, but I'm using it to motivate myself to get to another level with my models. I've been stuck at "average" for too many years now.

What regiment are you in BTW?

Welcome aboard Simmo. Like you, I am in awe of the talent on display here, but I'm using it to motivate myself to get to another level with my models. I've been stuck at "average" for too many years now.

What regiment are you in BTW?

I speny 23 years in the 1st Bn The Royal Anglian regimentand left them as a CSGT last year(They are currently on war fighting ops in Afghan)

I re-enlisted in Military Provost Guard Service (MPGS) and work out of Deepcut. Its a job and money for old rope? plus its so my family can finish off schooling and

concentrate on their careers now that mine is done. As we work shift work during my time off I can devote some of it to the hobby

Simmo

The Royal Anglians eh? That'd be my local regiment (2nd Bn, The Poachers actually). Got a work mate who was in 'em for many years, then got re-trained as a dog handler so he could be posted out of Germany and back to Blighty (pressure from the missus). Ended up at Deepcut just like you. Small world eh? (or small army).

The Royal Anglians eh? That'd be my local regiment (2nd Bn, The Poachers actually). Got a work mate who was in 'em for many years, then got re-trained as a dog handler so he could be posted out of Germany and back to Blighty (pressure from the missus). Ended up at Deepcut just like you. Small world eh? (or small army).

Ah poacher I know a few. Were you in and where abouts in Lincs to live . My parents live in Boston. Richard kemp was my Pl comd in training and ended up being my CO in the

Vikings. We 've had a few come across. In fact the lad that was killed in Action last week was a Poacher Daz Bonner he came across a few yeras ago although I didn't know him myself

Any nice to know there may be a fellow "angle iron" on the forum

Martin

demoralised?

The only judge & jury is you!

If all of us got demoralised by the poo-poo-hot model builders, Model shops would be going out of business... Hold on a min... They are! :analintruder:

Enjoy what you build, build what you enjoy. Stick by those words and you won't go far wrong.

Nice builds BTW

Bob

Ah poacher I know a few. Were you in and where abouts in Lincs to live . My parents live in Boston. Richard kemp was my Pl comd in training and ended up being my CO in the

Vikings. We 've had a few come across. In fact the lad that was killed in Action last week was a Poacher Daz Bonner he came across a few yeras ago although I didn't know him myself

Any nice to know there may be a fellow "angle iron" on the forum

Martin

Was I in? No, I'm a crab-brat ;) I'm in Keelby, just outside Grimsby. My little brother went in the AAC last year, but quit at the first oppurtunity (and regretted it ever since, but too scared of looking a fool if he goes and re-enlists)

Jeff Dales is the guy I work with, dunno if you would recognise the name.

Was I in? No, I'm a crab-brat ;) I'm in Keelby, just outside Grimsby. My little brother went in the AAC last year, but quit at the first oppurtunity (and regretted it ever since, but too scared of looking a fool if he goes and re-enlists)

Jeff Dales is the guy I work with, dunno if you would recognise the name.

Dont regonise the name

He will be a fool if doesn't go for it . It takes a big man to realise his mistakes. Tell him to go for it and if HE gives it 100% he wont regret it.

Martin