Sanger 1:48 Stirling

At least he starts them, I would run away if one of these appeared in my stash! Either that it would never be built.

Joel

Edited by Bandwagon 106

Thanks for sticking up for me Joel ;) I still have relatively few stalled projects compared to a lot of the guys here... wouldn't you say? :hmmm:

Actually Mike, I was thinking of you when I wrote that! :lol: Nige is another one... lots of half finished kits. I'm sure a lot of us are guilty if we're honest :shithappens:

I think mine are as follows:

Stirling (who can blame me?)

MB-5 (again, who can blame me?)

Dynavector Wyvern (stalled for no reason)

Valiant (still ongoing, just very slowly)

Jag (put on hold while I do masters)

The Scimitar is still moving, albeit quite slowly...

I've never tried a Sanger Mike , tended to go for Contrails and Falcons,.......... are there seriously no guidelines for the wings , tail , etc !!! :hypnotised: talk about making a tough job harder...I was seriously thinking of going for the 48th scale Victor ...What do you think to quality of these kits , from what I can see of yours the plastic looks fairly substantial.

?

The Stirling looks to be quite accurate but going by the box art of the Victor it looks a bit suspect, for a start it's a B1 but it's got slipper tanks ! , looks like they took a pic of XA930 trials aircraft and camouflaged it for some reason !!!) but then it's only the artwork !

still probably give it a shot later on ....

V_Bomber_VictorMedium.jpg

Andy

Hate to think how many stalled/ snailpaced projects I've got on the go :banghead:

Edited by general melchett

Way to Go Mike....... Go Mike Go Mike :clap2: if anyone in the near future goes to the Yorkshire Air Museum have a look around the building and you will find a built Sanger 1/48th Sterling and looks very nice, so don't tell us it can't be done [where have i heard that before]

ian.

Thanks for sticking up for me Joel ;) I still have relatively few stalled projects compared to a lot of the guys here... wouldn't you say? :hmmm:

Huh!!

Mike (the good looking one with charm and charisma from USA) - now I see why you are called Two Mikes - quite chubby aren't you! :tease::lol:

• 5 years later...

LOL Woody, first time I have seen this, great work done so far....was there any more progress? Would love to see it finished.

Bet Mike would have liked to see it finished as well. When was the last time you seen it Mike? :hmmm:

LOL Woody, first time I have seen this, great work done so far....was there any more progress? Would love to see it finished.

No more progress, hopefully if we put enough pressure on him, he'll stop stalling !!!!!!!!

He he

Bet Mike would have liked to see it finished as well. When was the last time you seen it Mike? :hmmm:

It's on top of his cupboard, I gently remind him every time I'm over !!!!

Have to do it gently, he's bigger than me !!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've got Neil breathing down my neck on this right now... we've got all the bits out, and he's thinking of stealing it from me :confused:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Why not just flip the wings side to side? Have to rescribe, yes, but at least it would still "go"

I think some one forgot to label the masters during fabrication! \ R, Robert

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Well gonna bump this. I was hoping Mike would finish it, but instead, I’m taking over the reins with the view to getting it finished for Telford. The display this year will be all 1/48 scale. I’m not sure if I’m nervous or excited at the prospect of this build, my failure rate with vac forms is 100% so far so no pressure 😬

fortunately, what Mike has done so far will take a big sting out of the work involved, especially with what he’s done to make the clear parts. I’ll be stocking up on P38 filler! Fortunately, the Manchester didn’t use the mid upper turret so being a mk.i, it will come in perfect for the Stirling.

need to find some engines and props, so if anyone has any beaufighter bits going free, let me know :)

thanks

• Like 2

Hi Woody,

Somewhere in the stash there lurks a Tamiya Beaufighter, and some resin to convert it to a Mk 2 - so I guess the kit engines, cowlings (and props I presume?) are going spare...

They might take a bit of finding, but are yours if you'd like them.

Hopefully that will solve half your power plant problems...

Let me know - is "pm me" the thing people say at this point?

Nick.