Sanger 1:48 Stirling

Ok... 2nd kit into my return to the hobby, and I get all adventurous! :lol: I fancied a BIG vacform, and the Stirling piqued my interest.

fuselage800.jpg

wings800.jpg

metal800.jpg

fuselage-halves.jpg

panel-lines-1.jpg

panel-lines-2.jpg

wing-panel-lines-top.jpg

wing-detail.jpg

finished-fuselage-and-wing.jpg

• Like 1

Blimey Boss, you dont pick anything easy do ya :mental:

I wouldnt dream of tackling anything like this, so youre braver than me :thumbsup2:

Bex

Wings:

ribs1.jpg

ribs2.jpg

ribs-in-wing.jpg

closed-wing.jpg

It was during this build process that I noticed something odd about the wing... the profiles appeared to have the aerofoil section upside down :shocked:

rib1-upsidedown.jpg

I think this was the final straw that convinced me to put this one to one side :S That and the fact that the engine nacelle halves just didn't seem to fit, in whatever combination I tried them :wacko: Maybe I'll get it back out one day :shrug:

• Like 1

Blimey Mike, don't give up yet.

All that work in 15 minutes and you're hacked off with it....give a chance!

:lol: Stupid boy! :tease:

You know what I love about this hobby? Everybody's individual approach to it. We have people like Mike here who, somehow, return to projects like this and the MB.5 after several years, and crack on with it. This and his Dynavector kits are as natural to him as my (comparatively) ready made Phantom and Tomcat kits are to me. Well done Mike, you are doing kits I would never do.

Joel

• Like 1

You know what I love about this hobby? Everybody's individual approach to it. We have people like Mike here who, somehow, return to projects like this and the MB.5 after several years, and crack on with it. This and his Dynavector kits are as natural to him as my (comparatively) ready made Phantom and Tomcat kits are to me. Well done Mike, you are doing kits I would never do.

Joel

:ditto: What he said.

You are a modeller, sah!

...We have people like Mike here who, somehow, return to projects like this and the MB.5 after several years, and crack on with it...

Joel

That's assuming he actually gets a finger out and makes a restart to it Joel ;)

She's looking good thus far Mike, been so long since I last seen this one I'd forgot all about it. Bit like that Valiant... :whistle:

Joel

Aha but have you noticed he doesn't finish them??? I call him a starter!! :analintruder:

Aha but have you noticed he doesn't finish them??? I call him a starter!! :analintruder:

It is only accurate to say that he has not finished them yet - can you confidently say that he will never finish them? Tsk tsk I do wish that you Mods would set a better example and not keep trying to score points off each other. :P

It is only accurate to say that he has not finished them yet - can you confidently say that he will never finish them? Tsk tsk I do wish that you Mods would set a better example and not keep trying to score points off each other. :P

Oh come on now!! I sort of owed him for screwing with my own poll the other day. Sorry about trying to have a bit of fun.