Concorde.

Tango 1

Hiya Greg.

was'nt you that gave me the decals for that one? I think it was. Anyhoo, you can see they went to good use. The bloke I built it for was well pleased.

You are right about the kit, it was a real PIA. Glad I don't have to build that one again.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are 2 Revell Concordes that I've built.

Bit of modification to that inner windscreen on the droop nose model, and it uses Airfix decals.

RevellConcordeBoth2.jpg

Followed by an Airfix (BA) and another Revell (BOAC)

Concordes.jpg

Have to agree that Revell is a far more modern and upto date kit - which produces a better model than the Airfix offering.

BOAC decals were by Whirlybird, though the blue bits had to be masked and painted.

Halfords Appliance White Gloss acrylic aerosol on all of then. :thumbsup2:

• 2 months later...

You lot are lucky. If ever there was a reall bow-wow of a kit, it would have to be the Airfix 72nd Concorde. Nothing, but nothing fitted! And the shape was wrong in so many places, about the only part that fitted and looked OK was the undercarriage. The decals were thin to the point of emaciation, and once in place could not be moved.

Fortunately, there were plenty of photos of the Concorde on the 'net, and it helped a great deal. All this is a great pity, as I was prepared to pay the extortionate Canadian price to build more than one example. To this day, I believe that I am the only one to have built this kit, in the Toronto area, if not the whole of Canada.

Eventually gave it away to a friend..

Cheers,

Derek

As this ones popped up again - I've never been in to What if's but the one that I would love to do would be an RAF Concorde. All Grey, hide the windows a few lumps and bumps along the fuselage and wings tanks. Would look soooo cool. :nerd:

My 1/72 model of G-BOAF now resides with... G-BOAF!

9fb851c6c6.jpg

She's on display in the Concorde@Filton visitor area in Bristol where G-BOAF was "born" and where she made final flight when she came home in November 2003.

Seeing her fly over the Clifton Suspension Bridge was a moment I'll never forget.

Lord, that was a real MEGO ( My Eyes Glazed Over!) The major problem with the kit was that the nose profile was too thin, the 'canoes' on top of the fuselage were too long and in the wrong place, but most of all, the wing trailing edge started its downward slope immediately at the fuselage, instead of outboard of the wings.. plus the top rudder fairing was too long. I also found that most of the fuselage bulkheads were too small..

Cheers,

Derek