Type 90 MBT JGSDF

Nev

This is the kit I bought to console myself after Fairford was cancelled :(

picture60370.jpg

Boy, has it worked! :wub:

The kit is stunning. Despite being 12 years old, there's nary a seam sight. As for flash and sink-holes, forget it!! The fit is exemplary and the detail is stunning. The whole thing is going together like a dream. Really, really enjoying it.

The other thing about is is the size. I normally do WW2 British tanks, so I'm not used to big tanks - who knew modern MBTs were so big? :D

I've just been fiddling with it in my spare time so far, I've got to clear a couple of other projects off the bench before I can get really stuck in, but just fitting the main pieces together I'm very impressed with the look of the thing.

IP1.jpg

IP2.jpg

Niev: That's an impressive looking tank. Looking forward to your build... :coolio:

Cheers,

ggc

Well, they need something to fight back with if China/Russia/North Korea ever decided to invade!

This type 90 MBT could be helpful in combating the next generation of GODZILLA and/or MOTHRA... :jump_fire:

Cheers,

ggc

This type 90 MBT could be helpful in combating the next generation of GODZILLA and/or MOTHRA... :jump_fire:

Cheers,

ggc

There was actually some JSDF report that surfaced a few years ago detailing how to respond to a Godzilla attack. As I recall people weren't quite sure if it was serious or just a joke :shrug:

Fairford cancelled?

Isnt that like the Mecca of Brit modeling shows?

In the Squadron Mail Order catalog of a few months ago that type 90 kit was on sale for $10 USD and like a sod, I cheaped out and didnt get it. If you can believe it, I actially said the ungodly words, "I have enough kits already..."

After seeing this here, the next sound you hear will be my foot kicking my own cheap bottom. Thanks for the fotos, Nev.

Great idea.

Wasn't there one box with some mine-rollers?

Looks like a nice kit Nev. I can't work out why JSDF needed tanks any ideas?

Mish, concerning military expenditures, Japan's rank is just behind USA, China, Russia, UK and France.

And in fact, even the first, if you consider only country with no nuclear weapons, well in front of Germany.

Great idea.

Mish, concerning military expenditures, Japan's rank is just behind USA, China, Russia, UK and France.

And in fact, even the first, if you consider only country with no nuclear weapons, well in front of Germany.

Thats what all those Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans pay for.

Fairford cancelled?

Isnt that like the Mecca of Brit modeling shows?

One of the biggies, with Waddington. Muchos discussion in the Shows forum/

In the Squadron Mail Order catalog of a few months ago that type 90 kit was on sale for $10 USD and like a sod, I cheaped out and didnt get it. If you can believe it, I actially said the ungodly words, "I have enough kits already..."

After seeing this here, the next sound you hear will be my foot kicking my own cheap bottom. Thanks for the fotos, Nev.

Cheap-bottom is the word!!!! This kit goes for £35 over here ($70)

Yes.

And in fact, even the first, if you consider only country with no nuclear weapons, well in front of Germany

And if they spent that money well instead of paying F-22 prices for a souped-up F-16, just imagine what they could have!

Cheap-bottom is the word!!!! This kit goes for £35 over here ($70)

I wont do that gain, I assure you.

• 5 months later...

Alas time has defeated me on this one. Truth be told, I got disheartened trying to paint the camo uniforms - my first attempt at such a thing. I do hope to return to this model one day as it is a fantastic kit.

picture60679.jpg

picture60680.jpg

What it should look like

071207-jgsdf.jpg

Did all the little bits though!

picture60681.jpg

picture60682.jpg