Tyrrell P-34 6 Wheeler

seanrgb

Sorry Sean,

I couldn't get the P34 instructions this weekend. The earliest I'll be able to get them will be Tuesday.

Cheers,

Phil.

Sean,

I didn't say which Tuesday!

PM inbound.

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I decided the blue I had used looked a bit on the brightside ..So I repainted the bugger with Tamiya Flat blue mixed with Klear as the thinners

Plus Tonight got quite a bit done , I'm hoping I'll have this done on time ..Fingers Crossed

Heres a mock up ..looks like I'm going to have fun with those wonkey Donkey Wheels

P34Build001.jpg

P34Build002.jpg

P34Build003.jpg

P34Build004.jpg

Well today I finally turned into Mr Rivit counting saddy sad sad ... I bought a set of belts some time back for my first now hammered to death Mk1 Tyrrell

So I thought I'd use them on this one (not through choice) ..I spent 2 hours trying to get a decent picture of the seat and its belts , which turned into a farce as I could only find seat shots of the 77 model .

So I then decided to use the kit decals of the belts , which looked ok until I used good old microsol which made them all fold up :crying: ,

Then I tried using the ribbon belts which would look fine in a 1/12 car ...which looked total s***e ,

so then I spent 3 hours of my life which I will never get back making them out of paper ..which looked pretty good in my book (Pictures later).

Then I looked at the rear suspension which was lop sided, so I then cut of the pins to attach the rear wheels to the drive shafts , which was another hour of my life which I wont get back ..and ended up having to make more pins for those .. , turns out the pins that attach the gearbox to the engine are wrong so ended up pulling all that off sanding the pins off ..only to find out the problem was a flipping shock absorber being the wrong size :shithappens:

But got there in the end looks like I'm back on course now , all that needs to be done is the following , add the headers , put in the instrument panel ,

wire the engine up properly , dry brushing on the engine rocker covers , put on the rear spoiler , and light housing , paint some rivits silver

klear cote , then weather

I reckon I should of bought the real car and built that would of been a damn sight easier :rofl:

Cheers everyone ..Well nearly there , no Pictures as yet wifey has nicked the camera ..but all the decalling is done , rear spoilers on with the light housing

and the headers are painted just waiting assembly ...hopefully this will be finished some time today :partytime:

Well Not finished but 95% done just got to Kleer coat then weather Ignore the painted back wheels they should look different tomorrow ,

the Instrument panel had another disaster with microsol ..but managed to save the big decals in the middle , the rest I did the old fashioned way of drybrushing , and dropped some klear in there

p43build001.jpg

Now here is where I turned into Mr Saddy Saddy Sad Sad and did my seat belts which took me about a good few hours of my life that I'll never get back :crying:

p43build005.jpg

p43build006.jpg

p43build007.jpg

p43build008.jpg

One shot of the wired and dry brushed Ford Cosworth lump

p43build003.jpg

And Finally a couple of teasers

p43build009.jpg

p43build012.jpg

Blimey Sean, you didn't hang about, did you? :shocked: Did my words of (lack of) wisdom on Tamiya Smoke help any?

Yet another kit escapes the hammer!

hammerzeit.jpg

Cheers everyone ..Must admit this was my first F1 Car I have ever built and this things are fiddly to say the least ,

But one grace with this kit was it had all the bits to do the better looking 1976 model .. but this kit does have its pitfulls .