Tyrrell P-34 6 Wheeler

seanrgb

Well Karl has extended the deadline ..so I'm going to get one more in

So I'm re-doing the Tyrrell P34 6 wheeler After my last one had an Ashby job on it

So hammers away heres the box shot

tyrrellp34001.jpg

tyrrellp34002.jpg

tyrrellp34003.jpg

I'll be doing the all blue version with Studio 27 Decals ..and probably Jody Sheckter as the old Driver

Nice one seany! Now get it right this time!!! No Hammers!

Good choice on driver... got to be Schekter! :thumbsup:

Karl.

P.S. by the way... Merry Christmas!! :lol:

I cheated those pictures are the Original ones for the First one I was doing

This time round I'm building the engine up slightly different ..like put on the exhaust system first

Funny enough the dry fit it goes on nicely ..You live and learn by your mistakes

I cheated those pictures are the Original ones for the First one I was doing

This time round I'm building the engine up slightly different ..like put on the exhaust system first

Funny enough the dry fit it goes on nicely ..You live and learn by your mistakes

Hmmm

There was a lovely build of this kit in Tamiya mag a couple of issues ago. Well wroth reading before building it. I have the MFH 1/20th Kit of the Prototype salted away. I must build it sometime.

H

Cheers Ian

Well Well Well ..I feel a right dunce now , this time round I made up those exhaust pipes

And the fit perfectly to the engine block ..so a bit of painting today ..and some progress pictures later on

Now has anyone by any chance ..bit of a long shot ..got the instructions for the 1/20 1976 model of this kit

as there is a few differences between the 1976(one I wish to build ) and 1977 (the kit I have ) cars

Now has anyone by any chance ..bit of a long shot ..got the instructions for the 1/20 1976 model of this kit

as there is a few differences between the 1976(one I wish to build ) and 1977 (the kit I have ) cars

Not that many if you build the Monaco car as it ran with 1976 bodywork and an earlier highdownforce wing. After that 1977 gets complicated. I have quite a bit of photographic reference for the 1976 car but little for '77. Which race do the decals represent? Send me a scan of the decal instructions and I'll take a look at them and my kits and see what I can recommend.

H

Not that many if you build the Monaco car as it ran with 1976 bodywork and an earlier highdownforce wing. After that 1977 gets complicated. I have quite a bit of photographic reference for the 1976 car but little for '77. Which race do the decals represent? Send me a scan of the decal instructions and I'll take a look at them and my kits and see what I can recommend.

H

The good thing about this kit is ..I have all of the above for the 76 version :yahoo: Rear wings ..Different cockpit tub , Seat Chrome bar

and of course the front suspension :yahoo:

Ok the Studio 27 Decals have some Japanese writing ..So that will be theJapaneseGP 1976

Now I looked on the web and the car i've seen looks like the 77 version in all blue on the font suspension

with the higher roll bar ..and the high up brake intakes ..but thats the No4 car

I don't think the decals will be the '76 Japanese GP car as that had a totally different rear wing mount kind of a girder work structure. Like I said scan me the instruction and I'll tell you whats what from my references

THC

Cheers Ian

Well Well Well ..I feel a right dunce now , this time round I made up those exhaust pipes

And the fit perfectly to the engine block ..so a bit of painting today ..and some progress pictures later on

Sean,

I can scan the 1/20 '76 instructions but not until the weekend when I can get the kit from the loft it is hiding in (not my loft).

If you still need them then, please let me know.

Phil.

I don't think the decals will be the '76 Japanese GP car as that had a totally different rear wing mount kind of a girder work structure. Like I said scan me the instruction and I'll tell you whats what from my references

THC

Hi Ian I haven't got a scanner :crying: .. but let me find a link of the decals

Sean,

I can scan the 1/20 '76 instructions but not until the weekend when I can get the kit from the loft it is hiding in (not my loft).

If you still need them then, please let me know.

Phil.

If you could Phil

Cheers Sean

Hi Ian I haven't got a scanner :crying: .. but let me find a link of the decals

If you could Phil

Cheers Sean

Will do.

Sorry Sean,

I couldn't get the P34 instructions this weekend. The earliest I'll be able to get them will be Tuesday.

Cheers,

Phil.

Well made some progress ..and not a hammer used to aid the build

On my last effort of this kit ..the exhaust system gave me a major headache

This time round I put them in before the rocker cover plates ..and glued them from the inside of the cylinder block

Just a few bits to add

tyrrellp34build001.jpg

tyrrellp34build002.jpg

Well got my finger out ..and heres whats done do far

Most of the little bits are now painted and just need to be assembled , today I have been painting the bodywork blue

I need to get this decalled by tonight ..then Clear it and weather it by tomorrow

As i'm hoping to display this sunday

the body work was painted in revell 51 then sprayed over with tamiya clear blue

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

More later hopefully today