Vulcan XM607 - Black Buck Homeward Bound

Well shes finally finished as best as I can with the Airfix cr@p decals. They look good, but they kept rolling up on me :crying: As this is my Dads birthday present (now belated - er - 17 June :doh: ) he wanted her Squadron Markings applied to the tail, so Im pretending they were replaced before her homeward flight to Waddington. I have also fitted her with the Jamming Pod (Thanks Entlim :thumbsup2: ) and I have used my traditional method of a bit of Ice Lolly Stick to extend it down where it should be - ish.

Mikeew sent me the Flightpath PE set, which was used in places, but as I had trouble understanding the vague instructions Ive not used all of the bits, but they were used on the undercarriage and ladder mainly. She has Merkin, a USAF exchange pilot clambering up the ladder, he was kidnapped from my Revell B-1 in the stash :lol: I have also scratch built various cables, pipes & doodahs in the all 3 undercarriage bays using bits of wire, cocktail stick & cotton. Paint used is Revell enamels and as usual hairysticked :thumbsup2: Varnish is Decoart Duraclear Matt.

I will also get some photos of the hand over to my Dad tomorrow :yahoo:

WIP thread HERE

I hope you like her, thanks for looking :wub:

Bex

yu2i78.jpg

yu2i79.jpg

yu2i7c.jpg

yu2i7a.jpg

yu2i7b.jpg

yu2i7d.jpg

yu2i7e.jpg

yu2i74.jpg

Nice work Bex, keep a tight grip on her when you take her to your dads tomorrow, I'm sure he will love this one.

JB.

Thats a mighty fine Delta Lady Bex, smashing job :thumbsup:

Reckon your Dad's gonna be chuffed to bits when he receives her :)

Thanks JB & Seamus :thumbsup2: Hes been waiting since his birthday for her :rofl: So he'd better like, although comments from him so far during the build, hes been chuffed to NAAFI Breaks with it :yahoo:

Bex

Edited by bexwh773

She's lovely Bex and quite the beast by the looks of it!

D

NOW BACK TO THE PHANTOM!

She's lovely Bex and quite the beast by the looks of it!

D

NOW BACK TO THE PHANTOM!

Thanks D, yup its a helluva beast, and too right Im back on the Phantom :yahoo::yahoo::wub:

Bex

Very nice Bex, she really look good. I know the hours of work with associated trials and tribulations that have gone into her. They have all been worth it.

I think your dad will be well pleased with her.

Well done sis :goodjob:

And when you see your dad please give the old war horse my love.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone :yahoo: Camera & batteries are packed ready to roll, so I will make sure theres plenty more photos :thumbsup2:

Bex

That is really nice.The details like the pilot on the ladder set the model apart. :goodjob: Your Dad will be well pleased with it. :D

That's pretty handsome Bex! Sorry I haven't been around much lately to watch it being built, but it's nice to see it finished anyway. Was your dad in the Falklands? He'll be well pleased with this beaut model.

Are you going to build one for yourself now? Go on . . . do it tomorrow!

Cheers,

Tim.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but you may wish to reconsider the naming of your US exchange pilot...

mer·kin (mûr'kĭn)

n. A pubic wig for women.

:shrug:

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but you may wish to reconsider the naming of your US exchange pilot...

mer·kin (mûr'kĭn)

n. A pubic wig for women.

:shrug:

Firstly, sorry Ive been out all day, only just got home, and yes I did remember my camera.......... only just :lol:

I have to ask this, Boss, how on earth did you know about the meaning of Merkin? Atleast now I'll know what to ask for if I ever become folically challenged :whistle::rofl:

Oh someone asked if he was in the Falklands, no he was on standby incase things went belly up.

Thank you so much for the kind comments, not only was Dad well chuffed with his Vulcan but he was also very chuffed with your comments too :thumbsup2:

Enough waffle, heres Dad with his Vulcan and on its new home, his table :thumbsup2:

Thanks again

Bex

yu2us4.jpg

yu2ush.jpg

Edited by bexwh773