Lockheed Constellation. Pan American.

BAC

Nice looking build so far.

Definetely the best looking airliner to ever fly. I was lucky enough to see one fly at Biggen hill a few years ago (10 years actually) when the MATS one came over from the states. Unfortunaetely that's now grounded in a museum in Korea? :fraidnot:

Always thought the connie looked better with the longer nose on it though. Looks a bit stumpy without it.

N494TW-Jeju-18Apr05-1.jpg

Craig.

Edited by Craig

Nice progress on the build BAC. :thumbsup: Connie is one of my classic airliner faves! I expect the Airfix reissue will have the same tail weight problems, so I'm taking notes! :D

You are game cutting and trimming extra decal away in situ! I am scared I would use too much pressure and leave a trench behind when doing it. Do you have a prefered technique?

:cheers:

Hi Trojan,

The decal was left to dry with no varnish/Klear added. I then used a really sharp scalpel blade and just cut as close as I could to the decal just using the weight of the knife to cut the decal and then lifted it.

Engines, gear doors and aerial wires made from painted invisible thread have been added. Then a final touching up here and there and it's done.

329300809.jpg

329300816.jpg

329300822.jpg

329300837.jpg

329300869.jpg

329300858.jpg

It looks okay next to the Stratoliner too.

329300875.jpg

329300880.jpg

Cheers!

BAC: Your Connie is looking great. What a great Lockheed design...

Cheers,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS