Canberra B.I.8 interdictor

Dave T

I've tried Googling for this answer, but i'm sure i've read somewhere (on SAAF aircraft perhaps ?) that whilst the bomb bay Hispano cannon pack is fitted, the forward part of the bay is still capable of being used for a small number of bombs (how many ?), ala the fighter Mosquito.

I dont 'do' 1/48 so i haven't acquired the new Canberra, but as Airfix offer the gun pack option for the SAAF B(I)12 version, has anyone got their instructions to hand or can explain, if & how Airfix model this configuration please ?

Dave,

As for the 1:1 scale B (I) Mk8 the bomb bay was cut out around the gun pack allowing the doors to opened, LesB has answered your question HERE about the contents of the bay.

As for the 1:48 scale version, I dont have that kit (am waiting 72nd instead :lol: ) so I cant help Im afraid.

Bex

Great stuff Bex. Les was my next port of call for 1:1 stuff (as always). Just wondered how Airfix did it (assuming they bothered ?)

This website says that the B(I)6 could carry up to 3x 1000Lb bombs in the forward part...!!

Great stuff Bex. Les was my next port of call for 1:1 stuff (as always). Just wondered how Airfix did it (assuming they bothered ?)

This website says that the B(I)6 could carry up to 3x 1000Lb bombs in the forward part...!!

Les is great :worthy:

Thanks for that link its brilliant :thumbsup2:

Bex