1:48 BF109-E

Hi all,

Have been looking through, and was looking at the BoB Group build thread on here. Makes me sad that i finished this one outside of the timeframe. Here it is anyway...

On 12th August 1940, Uffz Leo Zaunbrecher was shot down over the south downs. His aircraft, Red 14 of JG52 came down in a field at Selmeston, near Lewes, in West Sussex. It landed surprisingly intact. He had 2 kill markings- one for a Potez 63, and the other a Fairey Battle.

Here is the plane in question

IMG_4223.jpg

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4238.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

The crash site.

Leo20Zaunbrecher.jpg

I used a lot of references from various books, which were invaluable.

Here it is

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

Engineer from 49th Maintenance Unit, at Faygate.

IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

The figures were a mixture of ICM for the Engineer and the dog, and Tamiya for the soldiers and farmer... The Tamiya ones are absolutely gorgeous! Superb detail!

IMG_4267.jpg

IMG_4266.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Matt: Way to go..! You've captured the historical moment very well with your excellent diorama... :clap2:

Cheers,

ggc

There is something so special about the- "German scrap metal, illegally dumped in Kent" diorama- I wonder if Germans or Americans or Russians or Japanese get all emotional about certain diorama's, but then I suppose a 1/72 or 1/48 Peal Harbour would be quite difficult and time comsuming?

Edited by Mentalguru

Great diorama and lovely job on the 109, the figures are cool too. :goodjob:

If i was a luftwaffe pilot back then, I wouldn't be bragging about shooting down a Potez 63 or a Fairey Battle! :lol:

Yeh, but they all count i guess!!!

Thanks for the comments guys!!! all are really appreciated!

Matt

Great diorama. I notice you chickened out of modelling all the fields and the wood in the background, tut tut. :banghead:

I have to say, in my defence, that making the corn on this one took me about 3 weeks of cutting small clumps off of a paintbrush, gluing them together, and standing them in a tiny dollup of PVA. then repeat, and scatter with a touch of static grass for texture! then repeat ad nausem. That small area was enough for me!!!!! any more and :wall: