Revell 1/32 Tornado ECR

This is the kit built mostly as supplied by Revell, using kit decals and two excellent Paragon products: Martin Baker MB.10 seats and the flaps/slats set. :worthy:

Build thread is HERE - there are a couple of top tips for anyone daring to get this one out of their stash. )

I'm pleased with the flaps'n'slats, jetpipes, gear and cockpit. I quite like the weathering though it's a bit on the overdone side, but if I ever built this again I'd paint the stripes and leave the decals in the box.

1-32 Revell Tornado ECR

Thought I'd go to the dark side and build a tank next. You are welcome to talk me out of it if you want to see another 1/32 hairyplane of course...

Cheers for looking :cheers:

Al

(It's not that bad really, just ask Bex! :evil_laugh: )

Cheers for looking :cheers:

Al

:tease::tease::tease::tease:

I'll be bringing mine round for you to finish it for me, thanks Al, youre a star :wub:

Seriously, youve done an amazing job here, one to be really proud of Al :thumbsup2:

ATB

Bex

Your Tornado is looking phat..! Nice job..! What type of tank are you planning to build..?

Cheers,

ggc

Great build , decals look to be a right mare but I think you've certainly pulled it out of the bag....

i quite like the weathering though it's a bit on the overdone side,

Luftwaffe machines get into that kind of state as a matter of course , you only see the shiny ones at the shows!,

Andy

Beautiful build, have been watching this. Youv'e made the distinction between the heavily weathered grey fin, and the fresh tiger markings just right IMHO. I've seen that quite a bit on varoius airframes, seems odd that they would take a dirty plane and apply a new finish but then I'm not military, and I guess these schemes are often done at a very local level. Japanese seem to do the same thing with their specials.

Cheers

Edited by turnerdad

Bex, Skii, shaun, ggc, the general and TD:

very much appreciate your comments, to be honest I'm glad to get this one behind me, y'know!

so the tank - Dragon King Tiger in 1/35, birthday prezzie from my brother...... or the Tamiya F-4J Phantom? or even a sneaky little Monogram B-58 Hustler? decisions, decisions!

Thanks again!

Al

That really does look superb! i have built the revell GR1, converted to a GR4, but only in 1:72- and that was enough for me!!!

Looks absolutely stunning! If only they would release one in 1:48 as a GR4... Would save a lot of work!!!

This one is a credit to all the hard work you put in!

Al,

That's a masterful job. Looks really superb - I bet you're proud of that one and rightly so! One of my favourite Tornado schemes that you've certainly done justice.

Nice one :speak_cool:

Andy

Looks great Al - what did you do about the decal/paint mismatch in the end? Squint or hand paint? :analintruder:

Hustler... you have to do the Hustler. I demand it, nay, I double dares ya! As Dan will tell you, you can't say no to a double dare :wicked:

Thanks very much Kev, smudge, DD, Mish, Andy (x 2!), Merv, Mike, F-32 & Tizzy, your comments are awesome! :wub:

Looks great Al - what did you do about the decal/paint mismatch in the end? Squint or hand paint? :analintruder:

Nothing! I hid it behind the weathering. The big intake mismatch mostly got hidden behind the scratchbuilt FOD cover. I told you, I'm lazy!

Hustler... you have to do the Hustler. I demand it, nay, I double dares ya! As Dan will tell you, you can't say no to a double dare :wicked:

OK but must do the tank first!

Thanks again everybody : :blush: very glad you liked it too!

Al

Really impressed with this build, :analintruder:

Enjoyed following the WIP too, very impressive!

You are a very talented modeller to say the least.

I am not surprised you are going for a treaded item next!

cheers Bob

Looks superb, the Germans really how to do a proper special scheme, this is one of the best! I'm too chicken to try this one sadly, I bought the Corgi one instead! Would be nice if Revell did this kit as a GR4 though, surely a worthwhile effort for them?