1\48 Yak 18T

Hi Folks, just finished this one after a real struggle! Believed to be an early Neomega kit although all the box writng was in Russian. Beautifully detailed resin castings but so brittle parts shattered, had I not been making it for a friend it would probably never have been completed. Final straw came on removing masking the CA glued wing join at the dihedral break came apart, subsequent trip to earth shattered the nose cowling Ho Hum. Anyway she is finally finished and I am fairly pleased with the end result, at least with its rarity there is no chance of ever being asked to build another! MODeller

DSCF1657.jpg

DSCF1658.jpg

DSCF1659.jpg

DSCF1660.jpg

DSCF1661.jpg

DSCF1664.jpg

Man thats a nice looking model! I love watching the Yaks take off from PE, makes going to school alot more fun :)

Silk purse and sows ear come to mind, very well finished.

JB.

Thanks for the comments guys, thought that this one had sunk without trace! Made for a mate who had qualified for a Yak 52, so I was very keen to supply the "noseweight", then he broke his ankle 3 times and has since lost his PPL through ill health, so it aint gonna happen! Notice that the Yak 52 does not appear on the Neomega site so I presume it is no longer made. MODeller