North American B-25J Mitchell

Well, here's the third installment of my medium bomber project; Revell's excellent B-25 Mitchell. The build thread can be found here

DSCF5109.jpg

DSCF5110.jpg

DSCF5113.jpg

DSCF5115.jpg

DSCF5116.jpg

DSCF5117.jpg

DSCF5119.jpg

DSCF5120.jpg

This was a cracking kit, which has made for a thoroughly enjoyable build, and one which I'm actually quite proud of :)

Many thanks to those of you following the build for your kind words, really makes it all worthwile :worthy:

Next up, the Invader :D

Cheers

Shaun :)

Shaun: I think this is the best on so far..GOOD JOB..! However the landing field (deck) looks a little rough.. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

ggc

Cheers for the kind feedback guys :)

The late Jeff Hawke once said that the B25 is a gentleman's aeroplane

I'd certainly agree with that, looks a lovely aircraft to fly. That said, I've read somewhere that a lot of pilots likened it to some fighters for its good handling. Having seen one at Duxford last week, its easy to see what they mean after seeing it perform some very tight turns, with plenty of bank. Great stuff :D

Been eyeing up the contents of the Invader box this evening, looks another quality kit, would be rude not to get cracking methinks :wicked:

Thanks again for the kind words, tis much appreciated

Cheers

Shaun :)

Well, you know i am looking forward to seeing that invader!!! That mitchell has come out superb mate! I think that's one of the best i've seen from your workbench!

Cheers mate, you're too kind :blush: Though if I'm honest, I am pretty chuffed with this one :lol:

Still, there's always room for plenty of improvement, so hopefully I can improve on this one with the Invader :)

Thanks again for the kind comments gents, much appreciated :)

I agree with you TD, the solid nosed version is my favourite too, partly because it packs a serious punch, but more importantly, it gives me somewhere to put the nose weight :evil_laugh:

:sorry: Shaun, I couldve sworn Id commented on this Lady :doh::doh: As you know Ive got this one part started (well cockpit anyways :whistle: ) and I just hope it comes out looking like your one :thumbsup2:

Bex