Special Hobby 1/48 Nardi FN305

Here's one I started about a year ago and finished today. The delay was mainly caused by the fact I just couldn't get the camo pattern right. The intervening 5 or 6 builds made me a little more confident and patient with the airbrush, so I dusted her off a week or two ago determined to finish her off. I then had to wait for a decal donor, as I managed to ping a set code numbers into a pot of enamel thinners :shithappens:. A very nice man called Jose in Guatamala sent me the decals I needed.

The undercarriage struts were also a right bugger; I replaced the plastic with 30 amp fuse wire, which enabled me to bend the ends ever-so-slightly to get them in to the undercarriage recesses, which would have been impossible with the inflexible plastic kit parts. Weathered with Phil's washes.

(Just noticed I forgot to "chip" the wings :banghead: - can't be bothered now)

Minoltainfo2008-07-19132301.jpg

Minoltainfo2008-07-19134134.jpg

Minoltainfo2008-07-19132426.jpg

Minoltainfo2008-07-19134212.jpg

Minoltainfo2008-07-19134151.jpg

Thanks to all for the nice words.

I've read that this kit is little difficult, nice build and the paint job looks good. These Italian camo schemes are interesting.

I don't think it's a very hard kit, if you have a little patience. If I remeber correctly there was a step on the join between the left wing root and the fuselage, which required building up with putty, "blending in" and rescribing. Also, as mentioned earlier, the undercarriage struts were a right nightmare. The rest was OK though. This was the first kit I did with a vacform caopy and second with PE parts - but if you go slowly and carefully, it fits together well.