Eurofighter Typhoon T1 RAF 17(R) Sqn

Profile:-

Typhoon_RAF17_XJ802_001.jpg

This kit has sat on my shelf since being first released. I dry fitted the fuselage and wings on recieving it and sat like that for 2 1/2 year.

On joining the BM forums I went through my Stash and found a distinct lack of British aircraft in comparison to the Tomcats :)

So I moved it to the bench and cracked on with it.

For some reason this build/kit didn't spark any interest for me, unlike the Hunter done just recently, however I seem to like the real thing - wierd. Wonder if it has to do with the pink markings :hmmm:

I plodded along with it and finally got the Model Alliance decals on this week and gave her a Humbrol Matt Cote for a finish, which eliminated the slight tonal difference I had on the radome. I added some pastels to the port exhaust opening (APU?) as seen in my photo refs.

RV_Typhoon_001_004.jpg

RV_Typhoon_001_005.jpg

RV_Typhoon_001_006.jpg

RV_Typhoon_001_007.jpg

Oh yeah, I took a head-on shot among the many photos I took and the tail has a slight warp to the left, which I didn't notice.:(

Edited by Andy Mullen

A 2 seat Typhoon - planes dont get much better. Nicely finished

One thing to watch out for anyone about to make the Typhoon, those 4 squares along the fuselage are way too prominent on the kit - very subtle on the real a/c.

Edited by Gary West

Looks like the b*gger that blew the fence panels on me a few weeks ago.... Cannot see any 'Enthusiast Kill' markings on it so it may not be the same bird !

Great model, Andy.

Ian

Hi Andy, good to see the 2-seat version and a nice job you've done too! well done mate! I've just finished the Revell single seat F2 in No.3 Sqn markings. When I've taken the pics I'll post a couple here for anyone who's interested? It didn't exactly fall together, but the finished effect is nice. Best wishes, Geoff

Hi Andy, good to see the 2-seat version and a nice job you've done too! well done mate! I've just finished the Revell single seat F2 in No.3 Sqn markings. When I've taken the pics I'll post a couple here for anyone who's interested? It didn't exactly fall together, but the finished effect is nice. Best wishes, Geoff

Always interested in other people's work ;)

Great stuff Andy, really nice flat finish as well.

Regarding the fin, I have the same bend in it, but I thought it was a result of me picking the model up by the tail, thus bending it :dum: Looks like it might be a flaw with the kit.