Airfix (Trumpeter) 1/35 Challenger 2

timraven1992

Well, everybody love Chally 2's! The most attractive and deadly tank in the world, and it's British! :D

My Airfix Chally 2 came in the post this morning, with no broken bits! (unlike my Harrier) :crying:

I've noticed that 1/35 is actually fairly big, and gives scope for lots of detail, which the kit already seems to have :)

Anyway: the box and bits:

DSCF0972.jpg

DSCF0973.jpg

Does anyone have any tips for working with these (vinyl?) tracks?

Never worked with these tracks, or 1.35 scale, but I could like it! :evil_laugh:

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Tim

Good choice Tim. I found the tracks ok,just follow the instructions. One thing to watch out for though, the turret in my example was not a great fit so be patient and have some strong glue such as Ambroids `Pro Weld` and a tube of filler handy. Its not the Tamiya kit but hey,its not £35 either. You`ll enjoy it mate.

Tim.

Hey Tim, your Challenger II will be a great addition to the G.B.

Cheers,

ggc

Thanks for the advice and replies people :winkgrin:

Hate to let everyone down but it'll be a while before any progress is made on this, I have an Airfix 1/48 Spit and Hurri Mk 1 in the post and want to finish them for the BoB GB.

I promise it'll be finished by the end (and I'll give myself extra brownie points if I finish the Academy 1/35 Warrior MCV coming in the post! :fool: )

You never know, I may start it sooner than you think ;)

And cheers Daz, I'll drop you a PM if I can't find a pic i need :cheers:

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

Good stuff picking the chally, I might even turn my hand to one some day.

JB.