Revell M977 HEMTT 1/35 ~ FINISHED

Stebos

Dear Stebos: Your HEMITT progress is looking real nice... keep up the good work...!!

Cheers,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

I swear this kit's trying to break me!

Another piece has gone awol, the crane hook... :angrysoapbox.sml: I might have to raid the spares for something I can scratch together, otherwise it'll just have to be missing.

The spare wheel is on, the 5 piece pe strap & restraint came together much easier than it looked at first.

m977wheel.jpg

The wing mirrors in the kit aren't much like the real ones, so again I've gone for more pe, this time I had to add some wire through the holes to give the bearings. I stripped the plastic from a sandwich bag tie to get the wire, it was the perfect diameter.

m977mirror.jpg

I'll post pics of the crane assembly tomorrow, like so much of the kit it didn't fit very well. There's something screwy in the chassis that means the rear grouping of parts just don't fit. Not without major surgery & styrene removal.

The fix I came up with is breaking off the tail light section and refixing it & the crane about 5-6mm futher back than they should be. It's not strictly accurate but I think it works.

I'll be pleased to get this one finished, 2 missing bits & a scratched windshield, starting to think this build is cursed!

Edited by Stebos

Just a quick pic of the odd gap at the rear, it will just have to do!

m977gap.jpg

I did manage to find the previous missing part in my search for the hook. I tore out the LEGO fix and added it back in.

m977crane.jpg

As for the hook, it's completely gone, this is the part in question:

m977hook.jpg

On raiding the spares box I've cobbeled together this replacement:

m977hook2.jpg

m977hook3.jpg

Better than nothing, I am very annoyed with myself though.

Penultimate update time, next one will be it all complete.

Wing mirrors were done:

m977mirror2.jpg

Best I could do was cut some kitchen foil for the mirrors.

When I was sorting out the whole hook thing I found much better reference pics. The kit hook was nothing like the real thing! Ah well...

With a better set of ref pics found I did scratch together some extra detail on the crane to make it a bit more realistic. I added a cable run from the reel to the pulley, a power cable to the reel & a couple of the more prominent hydraulic cables.

Before & after pics:

m977crane2.jpg

m977crane3.jpg

All I need to do now is weather the wheels and stick them on, add decals & the last few more fragile bits & it's all done.

The 'new' hook looks great. The wheel strap looks authentic as well.

I saw you request as to the hook in the tanker. I will check my tanker kit when I have a chance.

The crane looks great!

I checked the tanker kit, it does not have the hook.

• 2 weeks later...