Spiteful and Seafang

Heraldcoupe

Does anyone have some images of the cockpit of either Supermarine Spiteful or Seafang? I'm contemplating the Rareplane kit and may have a go at it, but only if I can convince myself that Spitfire cockpit bits & pieces won't look out of place,

Cheers,

Bill.

If you know someone with "Spitfire, the History," there's an illustration of the Spiteful cockpit, and, apart from the seat, stick, and throttle, nothing matches a Spitfire cockpit. Yeovilton library might have the Seafang's pilot's notes, as well.

Edgar

Does anyone have some images of the cockpit of either Supermarine Spiteful or Seafang? I'm contemplating the Rareplane kit and may have a go at it, but only if I can convince myself that Spitfire cockpit bits & pieces won't look out of place,

Cheers,

Bill.

if you get anything i'd appreciate it for our 48th kit

ian

if you get anything i'd appreciate it for our 48th kit

This is all I've found online, not enough to scratch up a cockpit, but enough to confirm what Edgar says about it being dissimilar to any Spitfire..... :fraidnot:

Cheers,

Bill.

Spitfire the History by Eric B Morgan and Edward Shacklady is my bible as far as the Spitfire/Seafire/Spiteful/Seafang is concerned.

I bought the first edition back in 1987 and it has been my constant reference since. Even making 2 trips from Australia to UK and back again in 1998 & 2004 when I went to "The Mother Country" for work.

Among their pile of drawings, the RAF Museum has some of the Spiteful. Sorry, but, as I was (and still am) researching the Spitfire, I didn't make a note of what they were. The drawings don't, normally, seem to include cockpit layouts, though, just the odd, individual, item. A warning: sorting through 50,000+ references can easily use up two spare days, of anyone's holiday.

Edgar

Edited by Edgar

Heritage aviation models ltd. has announced 1/48th Spiteful & Seafang models

Ian, what's up with these - very interesting - projects? Any realease dates?

V.P.

as with a few projects lately awaiting decals, as my last "artist" made so many errors it cost me a fortune i'm looking for a new one...rare as hens teeth.

rgds ian

Cheers,

Bill.

If you do decide to give it a bash, PM me with your address and I'll dig out the resin tailfin and tailplanes I have somewhere. The kit ones are either the wrong shape or undersized. Failing that, nick the spare set out of the CMK Spitfire 22/24.