Tamiya MERKAVA Mk 1

Guest snipersmudge

Pete: Very nice and realalistic weathering..! Well done..!

Cheers,

ggc

Guest snipersmudge

Cheers guy's yes Antoine I've added a few more paint chips to the hull but not too many as the look I'm after is worn but not knackered!. that's a great BMP by the way.

Today I have sprayed the model in matt varnish in preparation for further weathering with powders. I've also made some tarps for the turret rack from tissue paper soaked in white glue and water mixture and made some call sign flags for the rack as well. I made these from low tac masking tape. Does anyone know what Israeli fuel cans are made of? my guess is plastic but I'd like to know.

S8001678.jpg

S8001679.jpg

S8001680.jpg

S8001681.jpg

S8001683.jpg

cheers

Pete

Looks ruddy good Pete Ol' Chap, and I cant believe the scratch built stuff yove done too :thumbsup2:

Bex

Guest snipersmudge

Another update for you all, all the painting is now complete on the model, I've finished off the turret added the tow cable etc and added a few more chips to suggest the tow cable bumping about on the turret cheeks. The call sign flags are also done as is the streatcher on the rear hull

S8001694.jpg

S8001695.jpg

S8001696.jpg

S8001697.jpg

S8001698.jpg

S8001699.jpg

more soon, it's nearly finished!

Guest snipersmudge

He He! Well spotted Ian! thanks for that i'll get it sorted! :banghead:

all sorted!

S8001700.jpg

must be half asleep, was on night duty last night and have not been to bed today!

cheers

pete

Edited by snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

Hi all well i'm goona call this one finished, spent yesterday getting nice and mucky with a selection of MIG powders, I'm pleased with the results, more pictures will be in the parade ground section

S8001731.jpg

S8001732.jpg

cheers

Pete