English Electric Lightning F6

Brilliantly built Lightning there and in my favourite camouflage scheme too......utterly inspirational...well done matey!!!!

Tony O

well done m8 nice spraying, good hardedge that has a soft edge look. Did you mask on the surface or just off.

More nice comments - thanks folks!

Les - the camouflage was masked using the rolls of Blu-Tak method (my method of choice), and the upper/lower demarkation was done with Tamiya tape.

Model Madness - not sure you could say better than real life...no matter how good a model may look, you just don't get that noise! Thanks for the high praise though, much appreciated.

Clif - shucks, again.

Looks like the camouflaged Lightnings have quite a following...I must admit it's always been my favourite scheme, which is why I chose it for this build. Seems that I made the right choice.

Cheers,

Dean

That is TERRIFIC!!! Nicely done!!

Dean,

As this is my only post on BM today I thought it best to make it worth it, being a hardcore rivet counting, avpin drinking, avtur p155ing Lightning freak it breaks my heart when people model a Lightning and receive sycophantic backslapping comments, when clearly they should have given up and shown it the mallet treatment long before it got finished.

I have gazed in amazement at your WIP thread on this beast and can say wholeheartedly that you have deserved every single one of the comments in this RFI thread, the paint job is superb and the attention to detail is one of the most accurate that has graced this board, I can only dream of building to half this standard one day after a lot of practice!!.

A very, VERY well done.

JB.

Crikey, John! Sometimes when I post a model, I have an idea of who's going to appreciate it, whether it's a Hurricane for Bex, an F-16 for Mish or a Lightning for you. I was beginning to wonder why you hadn't commented on this model, and was convinced it was because you were huddled together with other Lightning buffs and pointing and laughing. The wait was worthwhile, though! Thanks for the fulsome praise, and coming from a complete Lightning nut such as yourself, that means a lot. I'll keep an eye out for you at Bruntingthorpe this weekend, if you're there.

Skii - seeing what you're capable of in the automotive modelling world, such a nice compliment means a lot coming from you, too.

MTD350 - glad you thought it was a walkaround...that's the impression I was aiming for with the photography!

To everyone else who commented, thanks a lot. I think I've broken my record with the number of unique posters on this build!

Cheers,

Dean

Dean,

Yes I will be there on Sunday, not sure what capacity just yet as I would like to help out with them (I will be there on Saturday too mucking in) but will have to see on the day.

If not I will be found milling around dolled up in a black 'Lakes lightnings' t-shirt and black 'Lakes Lightnings' baseball cap, 6'3" and 17 stone so not hard to miss!!!.

There is quite a full running order so it should be good.

Regards,

JB.

My gosh!!!

This is my dream of consumption ... I can´t find here in Japan .. :weep:

Very beautifull work! Congratulations!

Cheers.

CYBERMODEL

Absolutely stunning work....!!!!!

I really like the looks of the Lightning, and you've achieved a really nice result with your model. I specially like the way you treated the undersides, very convincing...!!!

Cheers.....

• 1 month later...

Hi Dean,

This is simply excellent scale modelling! And a No.11 Sqn Lightning F6 too - just can't get much better. As you say, great to see this aircraft in camo finish. There's something I just love about the Lightning F6 in this finish. Your weathering on the undercarriage doors is terrific and that cockpit looks superb!

All in all, very well done, very nic work... Geoff :analintruder:

• 1 year later...

Thats Lovely dude

Ive always liked the camo lightnings

and youve really done this one justice.

Great Finish. Inspirational Work.

Just gotta get my hand on one from somewhere now,

do i shell out for the eduard one...!