333 Sqn Mosquito 3*S, shot down August 2 1944

I've built this model for a museum and it had to be finished before I leave for the UK (Which is today). Xtracrylic paints, KAR-decals (printed by Czech Tally Ho). The "S" came from Hasegawas 1:72 S for Sugar Lancaster. Slight difference between the "3" and the "S" but it's within operational differences. :whistling: Had to trim the yellow on the 3 as well to make it same size as the S.

Finished off with Xtracrylic Flat coat with a couple of drops of light grey in, then some pastels.

Some in progress

da961e33.jpg

e7dd6712.jpg

And then some of the finished thing.

49a83258.jpg

c7850962.jpg

ddca40cc.jpg

That is quite something Kyrre, I like the darker ring around the prop hubs to simulate prop blur - nice touch.

Lovely mossie :)

Safe journey mate

It's rare to see a Mossie modelled with the gear up & pilots in situ. This one's a doozy :D As Skii says, the darkness on the prop bosses does a creditable simulation of the prop blur... Safe journey & Welcome to the UK ;)

Very unusual squadron code presentation. Really like this one Kyrre.... now where's that P-40E ??

I'll bring it on my trip to the UK and finish it in a trailer in Tenby. Standby for updates. Or perhaps not. :analintruder:

Be in Tenby myself next week :D

Hey, look me up. I'll be in some trailer park near Tenby, can't remember the name. Silver VW Touran 2.0 with Norwegian plates. Two small kids, wife, the "where's the modelshop" eye. Can't miss it.

Hey, look me up. I'll be in some trailer park near Tenby, can't remember the name. Silver VW Touran 2.0 with Norwegian plates. Two small kids, wife, the "where's the modelshop" eye. Can't miss it.

Wow, 16 less teeth and a banjo and you could be Britney Spears old neighbour :guitar:

the "where's the modelshop" eye. Can't miss it.

Don't hold your breath on that one - it's Clarice's Toys - small selection of Revell/Airfix.

There used to be a good place in Carmarthen but haven't been there for many years so it may have closed.

Clive

Edited by dad's lad