Biggin Hill 2007

Bennygman

Had a great time at Biggin last Saturday. As usual they put on a great display with something for everyone, including my first view of the RAF's new 'Role demo', which I thought was quite good.

Here's a few from my new toy (and one from the Dynax)

IMG_6243.jpg

IMG_6264.jpg

IMG_6292.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

IMG_6642.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

The only problem with Biggin is that in the afternoon the sun comes round into you face - I decided to embrace the problem and go for some (hopefully) dramatic Black & white shots....

IMG_6311.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

Role on Waddo' at the end of the month!

Steve.

Great photo's Steve, brilliant stuff!

If I had to pick the best of the bunch I would have to say that the solo Spitfire is just sublime :worthy: , it has everything, good angle to camera, good lighting and overall composition.

Thanks all ... you'd have loved it Sean, it really was a cracking hot day.

A couple more by request.

Bob; These were all courtesy of the Great war display team who (I think) put up eight aircraft in total, but made it seem like 100 - the sky was full of tail-chasing stringbags!

IMG_6247.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6745.jpg

Jen; Had to think what you meant by '881' but then it all fell into place :) . From what I've read elsewhere we should be grateful to the Lyneham boys (and girls) for providing a machine at present - I for one appreciated it :thumbsup2:

IMG_6537.jpg

IMG_6588.jpg

Rich; Not half! I thought it performed very well, with any problems being due to operator error (like leaving it on mode 1 for the first thirty minutes - ask me why I have no Spitfire & typhoon shots :banghead: ).

Gary: Hadn't planned to, but just checked the web-site and saw the bit about the Falklands flypast making a detour for the show - plans are forming as we speak :hmmm: . Any ideas what the sun is like there, I've only visited once many years ago when the OV-10s were being serviced there.

Steve.

You've got some crackers there Steve, love the F3 and Miss D shots and that's some neat panning on the B-17. :)

Know what you mean about the sun, alot of my shots from the afternoon came out overexposed. :(

Don't think the light at Kemble's too bad, nothing like Waddington anyway! Haven't been there in afew years so I don't remember but by looking at previous show pics I think the sun starts behind you and moves slightly to your left.