What do you think Trumps next FAA kit in 48th will be?

Matt Roberts

Topic kind of says it all.

I could have sworn I saw someone mention a Scimitar and a Gannet in 2008 yesterday, being "overheard at a show..." :hmmm:

What do you think. My only fear the kits are getting beyond the Sky undersurfaces and into the white undersurface era and I hate painting white! Ask me how many of my Skyhawks I have built that are plain vanilla Vietnam era ones and not Israeli/Argentinian/Agressor/Low Vis ones

Maybe a Buccaneer in EDSG/Sky, but Sky on a Bucc...that thing would really look like a bannana then!

Matt

Topic kind of says it all.

I could have sworn I saw someone mention a Scimitar and a Gannet in 2008 yesterday, being "overheard at a show..." :hmmm:

What do you think. My only fear the kits are getting beyond the Sky undersurfaces and into the white undersurface era and I hate painting white! Ask me how many of my Skyhawks I have built that are plain vanilla Vietnam era ones and not Israeli/Argentinian/Agressor/Low Vis ones

Maybe a Buccaneer in EDSG/Sky, but Sky on a Bucc...that thing would really look like a bannana then!

Matt

Classic Airframes are doing a 1/48 Gannet. I'd like a Sea Vixen FAW.2,Special Hobby are doing the FAW.1 anyway or a new tool Sea Fury but the best news would be a new tool Sea Harrier FRS.1/FA2.BTW the Buccaneer never wore the EDSG/Sky scheme.

Stephen

Edited by Stephen

Just because CA have/are done/doing it, doesn't mean that Trumpeter won't.

If they're smart they'll do a 48th Bucc next - cue Bill saying "with a bit of work, the Airfix kit..." ;)

A Firebrand please...ne of the late model ones with the f'off big radial engine?...yes?...if not then a 1:48 DRAKEN...yes, yes, I know it's not FAA but I don't care what piggin' colour scheme it's got I WANT IT!... :angrysoapbox.sml:

Classic Airframes are doing a 1/48 Gannet. I'd like a Sea Vixen FAW.2,Special Hobby are doing the FAW.1 anyway or a new tool Sea Fury but the best news would be a new tool Sea Harrier FRS.1/FA2.BTW the Buccaneer never wore the EDSG/Sky scheme.

Stephen

Here's the 1/72 Modelcraft Sea Vixen. don't no what it's like thou http://www.modelsforsale.com/catalog/produ...oducts_id=42363

Smart money would have to be on the Sea Fury I reckon. It's due out in 1/72 and you know how fond trumpeter are of multi scaling!

On the other side of the coin, what are the odds of the sea Hawk coming along in 1/72?

Jen.

Smart money would have to be on the Sea Fury I reckon. It's due out in 1/72 and you know how fond trumpeter are of multi scaling!

On the other side of the coin, what are the odds of the sea Hawk coming along in 1/72?

Jen.

Personally I'd bet on it, but they seem to not churn out 72nds like the 32nd kits. It has been hinted that the Wyvern and Gannet have been produced in cooperation with a Japanese company that likes FAA aircraft, the Seahawk was described as not looking like a typical Trumpy kit. Now if the Seahawk is also of this cross pollination then like the Wyvern we may see it in 72nd in a year or two, just like I hope the Sea Fury gets scaled up to 48th, once the 72nd Trumpeter one (due August?) and the new Hobbycraft (but tooled by Trumpeter) 32nd that is due later this year come out.

A 48th Gannet in 100% injection molded, dang there will be one ugly hunk of plastic, if true - especially the AEW version, makes a Willy Fudd look streamlined.

Matt

Well, call me a bluff old traditionalist but I've got my paws crossed for a 1/32 FG.1 Phantom. They would be daft not to as it has not been popped in 1/32 injection before. :winkgrin: However as its 48 scale, I reckon a Gannet is on the cards or fingers severely crossed a Wessex!!!

Edited by Greg B

Jen.

Jen speak sense...ug. I'd like a 1:48 Sea Fury too. :)

Jen speak sense...ug. I'd like a 1:48 Sea Fury too. :)

Didn't think the Hobbycraft one was too bad but if Trumpeter do one up to their latest standards it's a sure fire sale to me.

How about a Seafire III with wingfolds, the Airfix one is a bit tired and plonking a four bladed prop and an arrestor hook on a Vc do not a Seafire make!

Leigh (who's got issues and an ongoing battle with the Airfix Spitfire Vc right now.)

Given that the last few releases came as a surprise to me I'm not sure what to expect next. I mean, Wyvern, Gannet and Sea Hawk kits suit me just fine but this comes at a time when almost every other major company is knocking out things that appeal to the larger American market. I'll say American as opposed to U.S. since so many other nations operate American machines that a simple change in decal sheets would give each kit a much wider appeal.

What I would have expected was something like Grumman Guardian, perhaps a couple of kits based on common sprues to produce an E-2 Hawkeye and it's COD brother (called the Trader I think?) and perhaps a P-80 Shooting Star. I can only assume that these releases and the much rumoured 32nd scale Jag/Bucc/Lightning means there is some person or persons within Trumpeter's high management who have a serious liking for British machines. All I can hope is that the market sustains this predilection :pray:

As for the next FAA subject, I've got a looooooong wish-list but wouldn't bet against an Attacker.

Edited by Col.

The main man at Trumpeter was talking to Phillip Brook (Pocketbond man) in the car when I was there, telling him that the British subjects are the bestsellers, far outstripping expectations. Based on that alone you can expect the trend to continue.

I personally saw the Jaguar masters (single and two seat) so I know for a fact that that one is on the way, and the multi scaling thing is something we've seen them do throughout anyway.

Long may it continue I say :)

Jen

It seems to me that Trumpeter are following the footsteps of Dynavector and Classic Airframes, so I wouldn't be surprised to see an Attacker, or maybe even a Scimitar. Having said that, I would love to see a Sea Vixen and Sea Hornet, but I hope that Trumpeter wait for John Adams and Roy Sutherland to finish off their research on the Hornet before Trumpeter tackle's DeHavillands most gorgeous twin piston-engined plane.

Jens

I can second Jen on Trumpeters sales of British subjects. But they have a lot on the go at the moment and have a habit of not completing a subject before starting on the new one.

The 1/32 A-6 spring to mind that was done a long time ago but hasn't been released yet. Lets hope the Jag comes along quicker

I'd love to see that 1/32nd AV8B/Harrier atually released..however, a Jagular (especially the twin-sticker!) will do rather nicely!!! And that would be followed by a Buccaneer and Lightning ( about time someone resurrected THOSE rumours!!!) - oh and as Greg says ...an RN/RAF Phantom.......

As for 1/48th scale..what we REALLY need is Trumpeter to issue a Tornado GR4 or F3!!

If necessary AFTER the Sea Vixen, Scimitar, Attacker....................................!!!

In 1/72nd ALL of the above!!!

Edited by Bill Clark

Just in case Messrs Trumpeter and Classic Airframes are watching (I'm sure they soon will be!) here's my wishlist chaps, all in 1:48 ......... Javelin, Sea Vixen (Dynavector are nice but vacform and hard to find), Jet Provosts Mk3 &5 ( I'm a slave to anything in natural metal / aluminium and dayglo!), Gnat (again the Aeroclub is good but a new tooling would be nice). And finally hope your going to relese that F-100 in 1:48 Mr T. There I'm feeling better already !

Just in case Messrs Trumpeter and Classic Airframes are watching (I'm sure they soon will be!) here's my wishlist chaps, all in 1:48 ......... Javelin, Sea Vixen (Dynavector are nice but vacform and hard to find), Jet Provosts Mk3 &5 ( I'm a slave to anything in natural metal / aluminium and dayglo!), Gnat (again the Aeroclub is good but a new tooling would be nice). And finally hope your going to relese that F-100 in 1:48 Mr T. There I'm feeling better already !

The Dynavector kits are getting harder to find, aren't they? Such a shame, as they're crackin' kits! :D Welcome to the forums Gary - glad you got your login issues sorted. :thumbsup:

The Dynavector kits are getting harder to find, aren't they? Such a shame, as they're crackin' kits! :D Welcome to the forums Gary - glad you got your login issues sorted. :thumbsup:

The only Dynavector kit listed on Hannants website is the Skyshark!!

A shame really, but hopefully others will step into the fray!!!

The only Dynavector kit listed on Hannants website is the Skyshark!!

A shame really, but hopefully others will step into the fray!!!

Ah, but the Skyshark is an excellent kit :D

Sturgeon - no doubt about it.

As mentioned before, the Sea Fury would be the most sensible release in 1/48; I'm really surprised that another major IM manufacturer haven't released one to supercede the tough Hobbycraft thing.

Lee