1/48 avro vulcan

hi iam wanting to do some models on the falklanmds war an d wondering where i could get a 1/48 aeroclub vulcan if anyone could provide links i would be very grateful

The only 1/48th Vulcan ever issued was Aeroclub's multi-media monster of a kit - which was released at least 8 years ago! It was issued as a limited run of only 200 and these sometimes appear on E-Bay for really astronomical prices - someone wanted £1000 for theirs though I think it went for £600 or so!!!

Sanger did announce one - a few years ago, and this was up until recently still in the forthcoming pile, with a Victor as well, but neither have thus far materialised.

Sanger sound to be back in business since early June

http://www.sangereng.fsnet.co.uk/

and has announced a.o. the release of a 1/48th Avro Vulcan B.2 (Vac formed large parts, resin smaller parts and white metal parts) in - late? - 2008:

http://www.sangereng.fsnet.co.uk/V%20Bombe...#Vulcan%20Decal

THESE KITS ARE INTENDED FOR PRODUCTION DURING YEAR 2008. THEIR INTRODUCTION, IS DEPENDANT UPON FEEDBACK FROM POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS. THEY HAVE PROVED TO BE EXTREMELY POPULAR AND RELEASE WILL BE JUST AS SOON AS I CAN. THEY WILL ONLY BE LIMITED RUN KITS AND SHOULD RETAIL AT APPROXIMATELY £50 STERLING. THE KITS WILL INCLUDE RESIN AND WHITE METAL PARTS. THE RESIN TO INCLUDE COCKPIT INTERIOR DETAILS, ENGINE NACELLES, INTAKES AND EXHAUSTS, WHEELS, RUBBER TYRES, DETAILED INTERNAL WHEEL WELL AND BOMB BAY WELLS AND INTERNAL DOOR PANELS & SOME FITTINGS. METAL PARTS WILL INCLUDE THE UNDERCARRIAGE LEGS AND EJECTOR SEATS, WITH SEPARATE HARNESS DETAIL.

ALSO INCLUDED WILL BE A FULL DECAL SHEET TO COVER SEVERAL VERSIONS and INSTRUMENT PANELS.

Let's cross our fingers

V.P.

Sanger sound to be back in business since early June

http://www.sangereng.fsnet.co.uk/

and has announced a.o. the release of a 1/48th Avro Vulcan B.2 (Vac formed large parts, resin smaller parts and white metal parts) in - late? - 2008:

http://www.sangereng.fsnet.co.uk/V%20Bombe...#Vulcan%20Decal

Let's cross our fingers

V.P.

Fingers most definitelly crossed - however this has been a "Later in the year" event with Sangers for many a year! At least they've specified a year now.........

EDIT: Just took a butchers at Sangers website, and hats off to them as they do seem keen to proceed with this one - and given the amount of raw materials in the kit, it sounds a snip at "around £50"!!!

Edited by Bill Clark

I sent Gerlad an email 20th June 2007 and this reply arrived in my in-box on Monday - better late than never :D

"Great to hear from you. I am trying to get these 'V' bomber kits out ASAP, trouble is I have been closed for 11 months, whilst we moved house, workshop and studio from Bristol to Carmarthen. As soon as I can, I will be updating the web pages for the B-52 and 'V' bombers.

There has been a lot of feedback on the Mighty Vulcan particularly; now that the move is complete and my 3 new workshops are up and running, I can get down to getting all the new kits out ASAP.

Decals are the last major headache, there were so many to choose from, anyway I have now decided on what I feel is a representive spectra of the B-2, including of course XH558 and XM607. I have posted a provisional copy of the part finished decal sheet on my 'V' Bomber page of the web site www.sangereng.fsnet.co.uk there is some more artwork required, including the stencil markings. I am going to Cosford to obtain those.

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to let me have your thoughts, any further constructive thoughts you have will be appreciated and I will try to

incorporate them, if at all possible."

It's still on the agenda at least :yahoo:

hi iam wanting to do some models on the falklanmds war an d wondering where i could get a 1/48 aeroclub vulcan if anyone could provide links i would be very grateful

Sanger models are about to bring out a 1/48 vulcan B2 multi media kit, try there website just type in Sanger models and check it out. PS and its alot cheaper than the aeroclub kit. good hunting.

Sanger models are about to bring out a 1/48 vulcan B2 multi media kit, try there website just type in Sanger models and check it out. PS and its alot cheaper than the aeroclub kit. good hunting.

There's a link to the SANGER website earlier in this thread...........