Ma belle dame française

Well gents... FINALLY I finished her today. Been a long ride. A very challenging build indeed. The Eduard Mirage 2000 does require much TLC to get it not only looking right but correcting many of the errors in the kit. I only scratched the surface of corrections and by no means is this build perfect... but I'm very happy with 'ma belle dame francaise'

So here are the pics... comments, suggestions, and critiques welcome... but keep your rude and suggestive remarks to yourselves :P

Took some photos before I put the cockpit glass on. The Eduard color photo etch interior is super... but the fit was a challenge...

IMG_0611Large.jpg

IMG_0612Large.jpg

IMG_0618Large.jpg

IMG_0619Large.jpg

IMG_0622Large.jpg

IMG_0623Large.jpg

Here she is on the workbench all finished:

IMG_0626Large.jpg

IMG_0629Large.jpg

And... now for the photoshoot...

IMG_0630Large.jpg

IMG_0633Large.jpg

IMG_0641Large.jpg

IMG_0642Large.jpg

IMG_0655Large.jpg

Here's the underside:

IMG_0658Large.jpg

IMG_0659Large.jpg

IMG_0662Large.jpg

IMG_0670Large.jpg

IMG_0673Large.jpg

IMG_0674Large.jpg

Crikey thats nice ! That cockpit detail is to die for , nice subtle panel line work too, a quite beautiful Madame.

superb work :wow:

I'm a bit of a sucker for the Mirage, so was watching this build with plenty of interest; the end product looks sweet as a nut, really top stuff :thumbsup:

Hi all and thanks so much for your kind words. It does mean a lot to set recognition from other modellers.

Joseph, yes that is a ASMP. I bit to weathered for sure as they are pretty immaculate but I'm a sucker from bringing out ANY detail I can when modelling and sometimes the only way to do it is to add some wash ;-)

Here a few pics and details of the actual jet:

IMG_0753Large.jpg

IMG_0759Large.jpg

-Greg