Airfix 1/72 Tornado GR4/4A

Phil

I've just got myself the 1/72 Airfix Tornado GR4/4A kit, and it appears to be a rather old kit with some new weapons sprues.

Is it basically OK? The panel lines are raised, but I can probably handle rescribing them. I'm not worried about producing the worlds best and most detailed GR4 replica, but nor do I want to waste my time if it is beyond help... as long as the kit is basically correct I'll be happy.

What does everyone think of this kit and are there any easy yet important fixes to make it better?

Not great, it has the right basic shape, but thats about as good as it gets. The new Weapons sprues are the best bit about the kit and I'd recommend combining them with the far better Revell GR1.

If you are prepared to put the work in, you can get a fairly decent fin out of it.

cheers

john

Not having actually had an Airfix Tornado kit in my hands since the kit was an MRCA (yep, that long ago), I would be inclined to agree with John - get a Revell Tornado GR.1 and use the GR.4 specific bits (and decals if they are any good) to update it.

Jens

hi phil, the airfix tornado is not a very good model, and as othgers have said the weapons are the best bit,joining the fuselage together leaves quite a few mis matched areas, whihc need toi be scribed and sanded down. but best of luck wiht it though. :analintruder: