Airfix Meteor F8

AnonymousA667

I'd still get it from ModelsforSale, UKP6.29 as opposed to the UKP6.99 Hannants have it at. Even more of a bargain compared to the Xtrakit and MPM prices, plenty of money left over for the Aeroclub bits.

Now, if only Airfix would re-box the MPM Defiant for 6.99 or less!

And, when do you think we can expect the UKP6.99 Sea Vixen from Airfix ?

Best

Rich

Edited by Richard M

And, when do you think we can expect the UKP6.99 Sea Vixen from Airfix ?

Best

Rich

Hmmmm. Now there's a thought. Do I still go ahead & order my next two as xtrakits or wait & see if Airfix do release it. What a conundrum....!!! :D

Keef

I got one today at my LHS. Lovely kit, just the same as Xtrakit (both canopy options but no FR9 nose). Decal art work is very nice (by my mate Jon Freeman!) however Airfix printed it not so good, stencils are fine but roundels a bit smudgy. All the more reason to buy my 'Weekend Warriors' decal sheet with a lovely set of 604 sqn markings (worth a try!)

Colin

Freightdog website

And at less than £7 it will make buying the PR10 conversion more attractive/economical in fact any conversions that do not require a huge amount of work. (why did i buy so many of the original boxing)

Dek

I got one today at my LHS. Lovely kit, just the same as Xtrakit (both canopy options but no FR9 nose). Decal art work is very nice (by my mate Jon Freeman!) however Airfix printed it not so good, stencils are fine but roundels a bit smudgy. All the more reason to buy my 'Weekend Warriors' decal sheet with a lovely set of 604 sqn markings (worth a try!)

Colin

Freightdog website

I'll be getting a couple to use with your sheets Colin - already got the sheets though, I'm afraid.

Steve.

And at less than £7 it will make buying the PR10 conversion more attractive/economical in fact any conversions that do not require a huge amount of work. (why did i buy so many of the original boxing)

Dek

My thinking exactly. Ali - put down the Nimrod and finish my Meteor PR10 wing please!!

My thinking exactly. Ali - put down the Nimrod and finish my Meteor PR10 wing please!!

Or snaffle an Airfix Meteor F3 to use the wings and tail.

Put me down for a couple as well!!! (Had though of butchering an Airfix F3 and the F8, but I'm all for an easier life!!!)

Whoops....must read all posts!

PR10......daydream time again Bill!

Or snaffle an Airfix Meteor F3 to use the wings and tail.

Whoops....must read all posts!

PR10......daydream time again Bill!

It has to be done Rich, I have(had?) an Aeroclub conversion set somewhere - not seen that for a long, long time....but I do need a 1/72nd scale PR10!! And like you the Airfix F3 seems the best starting point - at the moment anyway.....

Just found this thread... as someone who bought the Xtrakit F.8 and MPM FR.9 at an eye watering 16.99 and was considering picking up a few more, I can't quite believe what I'm reading :analintruder:

6.99 and in a proper box too, not a damn boxvelope!!! Should make using up the Xtradecal sheet somewhat easier cheaper :partytime:

Make the most of it, as by all accounts the tool mightn't last a year! The deal with Airfix is only for a year anyway...

In addition, the deal MPM have secured with Airfix for the kit has had major reverberations elsewhere, with Hannants (who paid for the research for the tool) looking elsewhere for others to do the tooling for the Xtrakit range, and threatening to drop MPM/Special Hobby kits from their import range.

Make the most of it, as by all accounts the tool mightn't last a year! The deal with Airfix is only for a year anyway...

In addition, the deal MPM have secured with Airfix for the kit has had major reverberations elsewhere, with Hannants (who paid for the research for the tool) looking elsewhere for others to do the tooling for the Xtrakit range, and threatening to drop MPM/Special Hobby kits from their import range.

That would be very interesting if it wasn't for the fact that about 10% has a grain of truth and the rest is nonsense.

Have a look at Hannants web site now. Buy One Get One Free on the Xtrakit Meteor F 8. That's nearly £1 less than Airfix.

Seen the blurb attached to the Airfix kit,

Gloster Meteor F.8 (Please be aware that MPM and Airfix have re-boxed our Xtrakit XK72001 and issued it with a different decal sheet. They will not be doing this with any of our other Xtrakits. We have a special Buy One Get One Free offer on our kit for a limited time. The special part number for this is XK72201)

No cheap Sea Vixen then :fraidnot: .

Repeat after me, They will not be doing this with any of our other Xtrakits! :fight:

I picked one of these up today, very nice little kit.

However I'm not sure if I'm missing something (I've only had a quick glance through the box) but I can't find the painting guide in the instructions :shrug:

I know as 'proper modellers' (what ever that is) we should be able to do our research (etc, etc,) and find what the colours are, but still..... :hypnotised:

Have a look at Hannants web site now. Buy One Get One Free on the Xtrakit Meteor F 8. That's nearly £1 less than Airfix.

Ergo, the Xtrakit kit was at a rip-off price in the first place then. Thanks, but I'll stick with the Airfix one.

Ergo, the Xtrakit kit was at a rip-off price in the first place then. Thanks, but I'll stick with the Airfix one.

Hmmm - can anyone say what the decal sheet in the Airfix one is like? If it's to the usual current standard I think I'd go for the two xtrakits as the decals in their kits are generally far better than Airfix ones.....

Keef

Seen the blurb attached to the Airfix kit,

(Please be aware that MPM and Airfix have re-boxed our Xtrakit XK72001 and issued it with a different decal sheet. They will not be doing this with any of our other Xtrakits. We have a special Buy One Get One Free offer on our kit for a limited time. The special part number for this is XK72201)

No cheap Sea Vixen then :fraidnot: .

Repeat after me, They will not be doing this with any of our other Xtrakits! :fight:

They've chosen an interesting form of wording, haven't they?

John