Airfix Seaking

Kia Ora guys

I think Airfix was always meant to be built by enthusiastic 11year olds, here's my son's Sea King that I just couldn't resist showing off.

I didn't have to help him that much; he insisted on using the airbrsuh so I set that up for him; aside from that he pretty much did the rest of it himself - including all the decals.

Dscf4888.jpg

Cheers

Mike

Kia Ora guys

I think Airfix was always meant to be built by enthusiastic 11year olds, here's my son's Sea King that I just couldn't resist showing off.

I didn't have to help him that much; he insisted on using the airbrsuh so I set that up for him; aside from that he pretty much did the rest of it himself - including all the decals.

Dscf4888.jpg

Cheers

Mike

Good job! :thumbsup:

Let's see the next one.......what's this master modeller's name Mike?

Very nice, overall yellow is one of those tricky finishes and he's done a really good job on that.

A few weeks back I was in Lynmouth, Devon, and having travelled the 500-ft up in the cliffs railway to Lynton I was sat in a café when I saw a Sea King pass below me!

Its a poor pic (the camera was actually set to movie mode, and I was eating my lunch when I saw it fly by) but it was a helluva surprise!

520e554ae5.jpg

Hi all

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement; he really enjoyed building this althopugh it was a bit of a scary process for me - he kept trying to do extra stuff detail he sees me doing, and it was all I could do to just get him to build it straight from the box ! :D

Stunning effort! Wish my models had been that good at the same age! Bet the doors open, too! :speak_cool:

Yup, door definitely opens, main rotor turns! The next build is the gnarly old Airfix CH-46 Seaknight, and the rear doors are opening on that too. He also wanted to build a full interior for it too, but I managed to dissuade him! :P Can't have him turning into an anorak like me ! :D

He's on a bit of a helicopter kick at the mo' and has been spending time on the flightsim flying them too.

Jonathon, thanks for posting the pic - it reminds me of the time in Wellington where I lived (you gotta understand that Wellington is very hilly), and heard this almighty noise and looked out the lounge window to see a P-3K go belting past at the same level, flat out, and then pull up into a wingover! Pity my camera wasn't close by... then there were the displays by the RNZAF aerobatics team in the A-4Ks, that would disappear from sight as they screamed down the valley and behind a four-storey building. Aaaahhhh, those were the days! :weep:

Cheers from NZ

Mike

Mike, is your son going to make an RNLI Lifeboat to completye the pair?

Hmmm, not very likely - I haven't seen it in the shops over here, and I'm picking that it will be fairly pricey by the time it gets over here!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
That is nice!

I just wish my models had looked as good as this when I was 11

I wish my models looked that good NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually scratch that..........I wish I could finish a model never mind one that looked good!!!!!!!!! :undecided::fraidnot:

Mark