Awesome Draaken

Mentalguru

Noticed you were first with the plaudits Mr Morrey... or should I call you John, or should I call you Skii, or should I call you Dave? :shocked:

Noticed you were first with the plaudits Mr Morrey... or should I call you John, or should I call you Skii, or should I call you Dave? :shocked:

tonight I shall be..... Susan :giles:

Now wouldn't a 1/48 Draaken be a thing of beauty eh? Attractive subject, smallish aircraft, plenty of versions and colour schemes for the aftermarket to get their teeth into.

Can't you beg your chums at Airfix to do one? I'll buy one! :D

Can't you beg your chums at Airfix to do one? I'll buy one! :D

That would be nice! I think there's a market out there for a 1/48 Draaken, just as there is a proper 1/72 Mirage III/V family as well.

Now seriously, who suggested a Short Sperrin? I am sure you get lots of requests for subjects - some great, and some not so great ones. The Draken would make a gutsy choice, though I do wonder about the sales of Hasegawa's Draken kits. Looking at the way the kit was broken down, they should be able to make two seaters (separate spine), early aircraft (shorter rear fuselage - but also a tie in with some two-seaters) and reconnaissance variants, but none of these have so far materialised. It's the kind of subject I would expect Classic Airframes or even Eduard to tackle - maybe even Trumpeter or if Mr. Tamiya goes out on a whim. I'd buy one in 1:48th, but I think there are subjects out there that would sell better...

Jens

What?!...NO way would anything sell better than a Draken...they'd have to ship them out by the bucket load! the bucket load I tells ya!...

RIGHT... that's it! I'm so riled up I'm going to scratch build my own 1:48 Draken!!!

hmmm...tools check list...

Hammer?...check!

Hack- saw?...check!

Chisels, various?...check!

Bigger hammer?...check!

Needle tweezeers?...check!

Electron-beam welder?...check!

Roll of Tamiya masking tape?...check!

Two gallons of liquid poly in high pressure spray applicator?...check!

Pot of Dr.Brimstones magic horse linament?...check!

right, all set...here i go!....