* Hurricane Mk.1. 504 Sq ,P2725 TM-B Sgt Ray Holmes.

Hey Nick

Your hurricane is coming along very nicely. The cockpit is looking nice and busy as well.

Do you have any plans for the merlin engine?

Keep us posted

Richard :speak_cool:

Thanks Richard.

I'm leaving the Merlin, the petrol tank arrangement and the machine guns out.. SHOCK HORROR!

If anyone wants them they're up for grabs.

I tried dryfitting the engine in, and it was a real nightmare with the cowling, and I'm in the "if you can't see it when the model's finished why bother putting it in" school.

Plus, it puts less weight on the undercarraige legs..

Thanks Richard.

I'm leaving the Merlin, the petrol tank arrangement and the machine guns out.. SHOCK HORROR!

If anyone wants them they're up for grabs.

I tried dryfitting the engine in, and it was a real nightmare with the cowling, and I'm in the "if you can't see it when the model's finished why bother putting it in" school.

Plus, it puts less weight on the undercarraige legs..

I wouldnt mind the merlin, let me know what you want for it. PM me if youy like.

Thanks MacGregor

Offer it to Richard first, to be fair he asked first I just didnt know he wanted it for himself. Mabe there are a few more unused engines out there?? I sold my Hurri last year cause Id kept it for 20 odd years then decided I would never build it DOH!! BACK IN THE MOOD NOW. Currently have 2, 1/24 Spits to build & now fancy a hurricane to go with them. Keep up the good work, going great will watch with interest.

Regards macgregor

Offer it to Richard first, to be fair he asked first I just didnt know he wanted it for himself. Mabe there are a few more unused engines out there?? I sold my Hurri last year cause Id kept it for 20 odd years then decided I would never build it DOH!! BACK IN THE MOOD NOW. Currently have 2, 1/24 Spits to build & now fancy a hurricane to go with them. Keep up the good work, going great will watch with interest.

Regards macgregor

Cheers mac.

Richard. Which bits d'ya need?

Hey Nick

First of all thank you Macgregor, very sporting of you. Yes very keen for all the engine components. I have a 1/24 spit that I would like to drop it into.

I think you can email me via my profile page! Not to computer savy so let me know what you would like me to do?

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Richard :speak_cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Sanding, filling, sanding, filling....

Cowling fit's a howler. Needs, you guessed it, sanding.

_D9O0382.jpg

Got the rear wings on, and have dropped the elevators. Just waiting for the glue goop in the join to dry so I can, well, sand them..

Isn't the quality of that bath fantastic though? Malabar's finest plumbers! Thanks landlord!

Oh, and here's where I've been working the last couple of evenings.

_D9O0383.jpg

The other two kits have been sanded too..

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Pulling this one out of the GB chaps and chapesses..

I'm going to be mentally busy with work this month (after the very quiet Dubai summer months thank God!) and it's quite behind schedule. In addition, the custom masks I'm sorting out for spraying the squadron codes and roundels aren't ready. There's no way I'm going to finish this by Halloween, and I don't want to rush it.

I'll move the progress to the regular WIP section.

The Defiant's on track for finishing, and hopefully the Spitfire will scrape in by the skin of it's teeth too.

Cheers,

Nick