* Messerschmitt Bf 109E / A.Galland : FINISHED

zero

Heres a top and bottom shot after dealing with a couple of oversprays (thank god for post it notes!). I'm now ready for Klear, but I'll do that later after this has well dried.

324571374.jpg

324571388.jpg

Dave

Some more Work in progress shots. Just a few bits to finish now, Canopy to paint, fit undercarrage, and finalise the cowling (final paint decals and guns)

324926552.jpg

324926553.jpg

324926555.jpg

Dave

Nice looking 109 Dave, keep the pics coming, well done matey.

Thanks Tango

Now in need of superglue to finish the final asembly, still got some parts of the canopy to paint, but I have learnt over the years it best to do a little, do something else and then come back.

Latest picture, all ready for final assembly bar the canopy, which I'm still working on.

325040888.jpg

Dave

That is a superb paint job there.

This is what puts me off a lot of Luftwaffe stuff........the bloody mottling (or more like my lack of ability to do a decent job of it :whistle: ).

Great job, can't wait to see her finished. :thumbsup2:

Thanks Guys

Two more quick WIP shots whilst I'm waiting for the canopy glue to dry, before blowing the final coat of paint on this, and then sealing the decals with klear

325316329.jpg

325316330.jpg

Dave

And a bit more WIP from this morning, not much to do now.

325320253.jpg

325320260.jpg

325320267.jpg

To Do List

Wing cannons

Undercarriage doors

Tail wheel to paint

Few decals on the nose to do

Final Klear Coat

Matt coat?

Dave

Few more decals to do on the nose and then it needs a flat coat. Sadly close of play today I'm working at 3pm and It now needs to dry well so I can do the last of the decals)

325328632.jpg

325328661.jpg

325328659.jpg

You know your doing well, when your kids say Wow, that looks cool! ;)

Dave

Zero: Your ME is looking great..!

Cheers,

ggc

Looking great Zero! Looking forward to seeing it finished!

Cheers,

Azgaron

all but there now, the mattcote when on just before going to work, I used tamiya flat in a 20/80 mix (flat/Klear) and it seems to have worked a treat. only got a fe minor decals to do now, and a bit of a look round to cure any odd bits needing attention.

Thanks Argaron

Dave

Done the last decals this morning and a bit of weathering on the cowling, I didn't think it would be a shiny and new for long. I have to say I'm please with this one.

the 20/80 matt coat worked a treat so I will remember that, infact I have a bottle mixed up of it now.

Anyway heres the finished item

325470789.jpg

325470786.jpg

325470823.jpg

Thanks all for looking

Dave

Beautiful job Dave, well done

Thanks Mish.

Hows ther Lizzy?

Dave

Dave: Great looking 109..! Well done..!

Cheers,

ggc

I have now placed my Pictures in the gallery and this one is finished! (still wondering if I can squeeze a spitfire in between now and the end of the month ;) (Very Tempted!)

Edited by Erwin