Hungarian Messerschmitt Bf109G-10

This is the Hasegawa 1/48 Bf109G-10 I have entered in the ARC Eastern Front GB. It has been painted in Hungarian markings with decals coming from an Eagle Strike sheet.

For some reason I really like the WWII Hungarian national markings...perhaps it has something to do with the (usually) high contrast and the fact they are square. I hope there are no shrinks in here... :who-let-rip:

The Bf109 was pre-shaded and painted last weekend, and after a day of drying the decals were applied. To speed things up I decided to use Johnson's Kleer as setting solution underneath the decals instead of gloss coating the model.

img_5049_800.jpg

img_5048_800.jpg

img_5047_800.jpg

img_5045_800.jpg

Regards,

Edited by Jens
  • Like 1

Yup. Despite looking I couldn't find any faults. Good job, Jens.

Btw this is getting confusing. Mind if we call ya Bruce?

K

Thanks Jens, Dave and Kyrre.

I think most of the pre-shading has disappeared... Oh well... :shithappens:

As for my name...well, I do prefer Jens but if you send me some 1/48 Bf109s and F-104 you can call me anything! ;)

Regards,

• 5 weeks later...

I have come a bit further with this model. It has received a dark brown wash and some exhaust stains, after which the semi-gloss coat has been applied. Last night I added some paint chipping. This is how far I have come:

model_20070630_017_800.jpg

model_20070630_018_800.jpg

I still have to paint the exhaust stacks and the landing gear. Also, all the smaller parts have to be added.

Regards,