Scale Aircraft Modelling availability - or lack thereof?

jenshb

Does anyone know when the mags are supposed to be available??

SAM I can never seem to work out, just seems to appear at random points.

I know that SAMI is available from the last Saturday of the month, I think. Don't know if MAM is the same as it's from the same publishers...

Why can't they just put the next publishing date in the front of the current issues... solve a lot of problems...

Regards,

Karl.

I thought SAM was supposed to be out the third Thursday of the month...? Most modelling mags seem to be published towards the end of the month (except Tamiya Modelling Mags), so I would expect to see them in the shop. The issue I was looking for would be the one published in May...

Jens

I have mine on order at the local newsagents. SAMI was there last Saturday, MAM today but no SAM as yet. I have a feeling it may be this Saturday.

I think the proper publishing date is the last Friday of the month.

SAMI is normally out around the 25th, give or take a few days.

Military Modelling is the one that throws me as it comes out more than once a month - I've been known to miss an issue without realising!

• 3 months later...

SAM has been tending to run erratic or late recently. I didn't see SAM in my Smith's either on Friday.

Our local WHSmith's also just re-organised everything Jen - which didn't help. Some modeeling mags get misfiled, with general aircraft mags, and one quite randomly. We had a chat and helped them sort these out.

Might be worth a general scan ?

Cheers,

John B