Luft '46 Horten XVIII Flying Wing announced

GreenDragon

The latest resin kit announced by Anigrand Craftworks is the Horten XVIII six-jet powered "Amerika Bomber" Flying Wing in 1/144th scale. As usual there are extra kits added, four this time. Linky http://www.anigrand.com/AA4018_Ho-XVIII.htm

First is, I think, the Lippisch-Messerschmitt P 04-106, a twin pusher-prop flying wing Zerstorer.

Second is the Messerschmitt Me334 pusher-prop fighter with wings from the Me163 Komet.

Third, a large four-jet flying wing, may be the Junkers EF130 long range bomber though Anigrand's silhouette seems to differ from my info in the cockpit area.

Last is the Blohm und Voss Ae607/P.217 jet fighter with highly swept wing, small canards at the nose and the cockpit positioned to the left of the HeS 011 engine.

I liked the previously released Messerschmitt P.08 flying wing set so I will definitely be getting this.

As always if anyone can ID the silhouetted planes better please chip in!

Paul Harrison

P.S. If the moderators think this should be in the What If section rather than WWII please feel free to move it.

Edited by GreenDragon

• 3 months later...

Anigrand have now posted a pic of the parts for this kit. http://www.anigrand.com/AA4018_Ho-XVIII.htm

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

Pardon the nitpicking, but IIRC the brothers' family name was Horten. :smartass:

Best,

Joey

:oops::doh: I'll edit it to the correct spelling, can't believe I spelt it wrong! At the same time I was writing out an order to The Aviation Hobby Shop at Horton Road. :banghead:

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon