Surgical Steel Wire for rigging...from where?

Tim B

Just put an order in for some of bobs buckles, just need some wire for rigging. I have fishing line but wanna try out some stainless steel wire. Book i have says it's used in the medical proffession but no mention on where to obtain it (fat use!).

Cheers,

Tim

Just put an order in for some of bobs buckles, just need some wire for rigging. I have fishing line but wanna try out some stainless steel wire. Book i have says it's used in the medical proffession but no mention on where to obtain it (fat use!).

Cheers,

Tim

Try looking over on ARC in the classic aviation setction Tim. There was a thread on this a while back (not sure if it's still there as this was before Steve moved to a new server) and some of the guys talked about Ethicon surgical wires with filament sizes down to .004, perfect for 1/72nd etc.

I did try looking for it on the web, but came up blank.

Do let me know how you get on. I prefer rigging with wire (for 1/48th scale I use .008 guitar string) as thread just seems to sag like crazy in Dubai.

Cheers,

Nick

Great. Just what i was after. Many thanks!

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for your order.

I will get these sent out to you by tomorrow afternoon.

Please let me know how you get on with the surgical wire as I've never used anything other than fishing line and fine elastice.

Cheers,

Bob ;)

Tim,

Thanks for your order.

I will get these sent out to you by tomorrow afternoon.

Please let me know how you get on with the surgical wire as I've never used anything other than fishing line and fine elastice.

Cheers,

Bob wink.gif

Thanks Bob. Haven't even started on me WWI build yet but will let ya know how the wire works when i get round to it.

Cheers,

Tim

that site looks good.

I've about twenty models (so far) to build for my Biggles Collection (mostly WW1 at the moment).

I'm OK for 1/48th stuff and it's the 1/72nd I need to source.