NOT EAST KIRKBY AGAIN [ JUST JANE ] PIC'S

Ian Lanc

i went to EAST KIRKBY again to watch 'just jane' on bank holiday monday, i've been there 14 times now and i still never tire of that place i just love the sound of her fire up and a sense of loss when you walk around, if anyone goes there don't forget to walk all the way around the outside of centre and read all the plaques which tell you of local bomber/ground crew who where killed, very moving to read all of them and also say a little prayer/thoughts in their memorial chapel which honours 57 and 630 sqd' very peaceful but a sense of sadness lies in that chapel

i just wish they would relocate the chicken sheds somewhere else ! the wind was blowing straight into the centre and so was the smell :( even my cloth's melt of chicken poo

these are my own pictures and if anyone wants to save them for other purposes they are more than welcome to so :D

enjoy.....

jhfss001zo8.jpg

jhfss003jt1.jpg

jhfss002tq3.jpg

jhfss005ld1.jpg

jhfss006sf6.jpg

jhfss010vy3.jpg

the old watch tower, watch's in on her again.

jhfss016dg8.jpg

jhfss018xw2.jpg

she now taxi's right onto the grass, unlike her previous times when she went as far as the concrete hard standing.

jhfss020zt1.jpg

'just jane' coming back to us after her second start up :hypnotised:

jhfss022el9.jpg

jhfss023ju9.jpg

'just jane' under her own power yet again

jhfss008mp7.jpg

one of the many plaques on the grounds, this one just happens to be my next lancaster project DX-P.

jhfss009ib3.jpg

the chapel [note the lonely wife]

jhfss033do6.jpg

jhfss032uk7.jpg

jhfss012kn4.jpg

jhfss015am9.jpg

jhfss026kk3.jpg

not the same as the other picture !

jhfss004rs8.jpg

found this old bomb bay door, while i was walking around, right in the corner of the near the old unloved fire tenders, i thought hhmmmm i wounder if it will fit in my boot :analintruder:

thanks for looking again !

Hi

[note the lonely wife]

I find it amazing that we take our other halves, Mothers and Fathers to such places, where ordinarilly they would never dream of going, and they are all moved by what they see. Not that I leave the wife to wander around, you never know who might be lurking. Great piccies, went there in April with Mum and Dad and wife, just so they could see it, for their benifit of course,

Regards

Paul

Took my youngest son there, one of our last trips out together before his mum moved to Wales.

I asked one of the engineers working on Just Jane if he could have a look inside. This chap helped him inside and over into the rear turret.

After climbing back over the horizontal stabilizer, my son looked and thought deeply...... "dad, the man wouldn't be able to get out of there if it was crashing would he...."

He was 6 at the time but I'm sure it will be a memory he'll have forever.