Best of British

Why not e-mail us your files closer to the time Paul? I will probably mount up pics on art board for durability on the display. According to how we set up the display and how much space is available will determine the photo size. Also as we have until November why not join in with a dedicated Best of British build? At the moment Nick is the only overseas contributor pledging a GB entry.

peebeep

OK, I know I replied to this once, but its not there :shrug:

Anyway, I'm in with either

1) Airfix 1/48 Lighning F.3, in the red/white check 56 Squadron scheme

OR

2) Trumpeter 1/24 Spitfire V, in the markings of Bob Stanford Tuck - doesn't get any more "Best of British" than that does it?

Probly the Spit, would make a nice table-mate for Jens Airfix one and I've been looking for an excuse to do it for years.

Does the Airfix 1/12th Showjumper count? You don't get more British than an Airfix kit of Princess Anne, if you ask me! If so, count me in...

bestest,

M.

Hmmmmmmmmm......bit of German/Greek blood in there if you ask me!

Phantom's got the 'no' vote!

I'd recommend trying to track down his biography - real Boys Own stuff! I was lent a *very* old copy by a guy at work (he's just retired, and he was a young man when it came out ;) )

Why not e-mail us your files closer to the time Paul? I will probably mount up pics on art board for durability on the display. According to how we set up the display and how much space is available will determine the photo size. Also as we have until November why not join in with a dedicated Best of British build? At the moment Nick is the only overseas contributor pledging a GB entry.

peebeep

Will do, Paul. As for a dedicated build, I'll have to see what my build schedule looks like for the next few months - I have a number of projects on the go but I'm sure I can squeeze in something later in the year. :speak_cool:

Edited by Paul Bradley

This would seem like a good time to break out the Special Hobby Gloster E28/39 languishing in the loft.

Count me in (though displaying alongside the output from the real modellers here is a little scary :unsure: )

Cheers

Grant

This would seem like a good time to break out the Special Hobby Gloster E28/39 languishing in the loft.

Count me in (though displaying alongside the output from the real modellers here is a little scary :unsure: )

Just hope it's not got a twisted fuselage like mine had :S Made life "interesting" :owww:

I just had a look at what ive got that could be OK.

Wallace and Gromits with anti pesto van

Fairy Rotordyne

Norton Manx 500

Are all these OK?

Anyway, I'm in with either

1) Airfix 1/48 Lighning F.3, in the red/white check 56 Squadron scheme

OR

2) Trumpeter 1/24 Spitfire V, in the markings of Bob Stanford Tuck - doesn't get any more "Best of British" than that does it?

Look forward to both those. The 56 checkerboard especially.

:thumbsup2:

peebeep

Well, in that case I'm going to paint Sean Barely Grey and have him mounted on a Plinth, as thats the closest I'll get to 100% unadulterated British Beef! As we have then lost the big wing Harrier, Gazelle, Sea-King, Merlin, Griffon, Lynx, Squirrel, Typhoon, Jag, Toom, Herc, Tristar etc. :fraidnot:

That would mean the Tucano and Tornado are out too then.

Hmmmmmmmmm......bit of German/Greek blood in there if you ask me!

A degree of sympathy with this notion, but it would be difficult to turn down an Olympic gold medalist representing GB wouldn't it?! Neither do I wish to serve bird in the tower...

peebeep

:thumbsup2:

peebeep

just looking through the list of entrants, surprised not to see a Hunter. I've got one of Revell's 1/72 kits in the stash which I'd be happy to do as a sly one along with the Harrier :)

Good on you Seamus, Hunter's are most definitely :thumbsup2:

peebeep

Good good, a Hunter and harrier it is :D

I'll be in for a brace of armoured cars:

Matchbox Humber Mk II; and

JB Models Saladin Mk 2.

The two of them should be safe to make their 2nd transatlantic crossing intact ... and hopefully, their 3rd as well.

Edited by Brews

Brews, I'm not enough of a treadhead to make a pronouncement (apart from the Scorpion, which I am told is a very swish bit of kit), but unless anybody objects I'll give your entries the :thumbsup2:

Can I take it you are proposing to get your builds to the UK?

peebeep