Best of British

Late into this one - I could blame work, the GB I'm modding on the What If Site, the new baby, but in truth it's 'cos I'm a lazy b*gg*r and I just forgot all about it till now !

If it isn't too late, I'd like to enter with either a 1:48 Hunter, OR (another) 1:48 Mosquito - I already know that this will be in a post-war scheme so I'm guessing that it will look a wee bit different to the others already promised.

Ian

And they're still rolling in!

Never too late if you've a fighting chance of turning up at Telford with a finished build and your proposals certainly pass the Best of British test. A post war Mossie sounds very yummy.

:thumbsup2:

Any more for any more?!

peebeep

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to run this by you.

I have already built the Airfix 1/180 HMS Victory. I have it in a display case with plinth and would be happy to bring it along as I feel it fits with the Best of British theme.

Let me know your thoughts.

Fao anyone who hasn't seen it,

Gtatuitous self promotion photo ... :whistle:

Victory004-1.jpg

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

OK, whilst I realised I needed to get stuck into my Centaur/Commandos at the weekend, I also picked up this Andrea Miniatures 54mm figure at Coventry

figurine-miniature-spain-chevalier-medieval-sm-f38.jpg

7th Century AD Saxon Warrior kings count as Best of British, right?

HI guys, this is my first post on this forum, although I've made a couple of hundred posts between a few other forums so Peebeep might recognise the user name. Although I will be at Telford I'm 100% confident my build won't be anywhere near good enough to display as this is my 4th model back in the hobby. Therefore can I build the Night fighter mosquito from the Airfix kit to get some constructive criticism/advice? I've been looking to join a group build for this reason for a while.

Thanks

George

Hi George and :welcome: Can I suggest you make a post here to say hello to everybody?

We have modellers of all skill levels building in this GB. Some will be jaw droppingly outstanding, some will be average and some will be by beginners/returners, but we don't care. All are welcome to join in and display their models at Telford. A Mosquito is fine by me.

Start yourself a build thread in the 'air' section when you are ready to go and there will be lots of folks on hand who will offer any advice or constructive criticism if needed. Don't forget though, that this is meant to be fun!

peebeep

Hi George and :welcome: Can I suggest you make a post here to say hello to everybody?

We have modellers of all skill levels building in this GB. Some will be jaw droppingly outstanding, some will be average and some will be by beginners/returners, but we don't care. All are welcome to join in and display their models at Telford. A Mosquito is fine by me.

Start yourself a build thread in the 'air' section when you are ready to go and there will be lots of folks on hand who will offer any advice or constructive criticism if needed. Don't forget though, that this is meant to be fun!

peebeep

Thanks a lot, I made a post in the welcome section. I'll start tomorrow evening, am going to a football match tonight. :bounce:

• 1 month later...