Johnny Red's Hurricane

OH Yes commando is still going! You can get them in WHSMITHS

Some branches maybe, but not all. The only ones I've found locally were at Delamere services, not a regular haunt of mine! I bought a handful of them mailorder to introduce my son to the kind of stuff I grew up with,

Cheers,

Bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Now here's a geeky question.

Johnny's Hurricane. MkI or II? Technically a Hurricat, but as we agreed, artistic license reigns here!

Got the Revell MkII kit for this one, and as I never saw any canons on Johhny's crate in the cartoons, I'm thinking it's a MkI, in which case I sand down the canon bulges on mine fill the holes in the wing for them, and drill 8 small holes for the Brownings..

Just a thought..

Any takers?

Nick

Just a thought..

Any takers?

Nick

I think youd be right with that Nick, now hurri up and get that hurri done :yahoo:

Bex

Hi dylan Like you I've never seen Johnnys crate with cannons, so I think your right there mate :hmmm: , good luck on the sanding and filling chum :) .

dylan I for one would be interested in seeing that chum :popcorn: , did you get the decals you needed for her, sorry dylan I've forgotten :blush: if you had.

dylan I for one would be interested in seeing that chum :popcorn: , did you get the decals you needed for her, sorry dylan I've forgotten :blush: if you had.

It's in the WIP thread mate.

Not got the decals yet (well, I have from the original kit) but am still waiting for the Falcon and serial number from Aeropoxy.

The guy says he's drawing up the sketches for approval now.

Cheers,

Nick

Such great stories - spent time too on here - and I am 68 - so missed them first time around - too mature then? Thanks old boy.

And aren't they so deliciously politically incorrect. Some people I know would fume and rant at being in the same room as a copy - think I will get a copy - frame it and hang it on the wall when they visit. That a bottle of red wine - can look forward to super evening irritating the pants off them.

Stumbled across this thread today and then the link to the Jonny red page....

3 hours later I'm still reading. It seems even better than I remember, . I think I have most of the Battle Action series at my parents place....

Edited by Calum