Dassault Super Etendard

Right, finally finished her...

Airfix 1/48 Dassault Super Etendard.

NeoMega resin replacement cockpit .

Scratchbuilt tailplane scuff lates and realigned tailplanes.

Scratchbuilt canopy rails, locks and rearview mirror.

Drilled out airbrake holes.

Scratchbuilt IFR probe detials.

I polished out the canopy to remove scuffs and blemishes with Micromesh system.

Humbrol 125 dark Sea Grey with five drops of Humbrol 25 Blue for upper surfaces, Revell 301 Satin White for lower surfaces

Paynes Grey oil wash for panel lines, weathering with Tamiya X-19 Smoke.

Decals from the box except for the tailplanes blue and white striping which is Revell Satin White and Humbrol Mediteranean Blue as this was far easier than trying to get the decal to fit!

Hope you all like her, its been a real pleasure to build this one.

Etendard061.jpg

Etendard046.jpg

Etendard056.jpg

Etendard043.jpg

Etendard053.jpg

Edited by mikeew

Looks very nice Mike... there's something about that skinny nose that is quite appealing :)

I reckon it should find its way into a Falklands War article :hmmm:

Cheers for all kind words guys. John, yes it is the kit supplied Exocet, pretty good IMHO.

Skii - my best yet? I always try to do that with each new build I do, I strive to get better each time, I think we all do.

cheers again for all the kind words guys.

Mike

Thank you all for your kind words about my SuE. Its very much appreciated. :thumbsup2:

I managed to get some more photos today, thought I'd post a shot of the underside. This is my first succesful attempt(IMHO) at doing panel lines with oils, and the staining is simply Tamiya X-19 Smoke thinned with Tamiya thinner and airbrushed on. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated too :mellow:

CopyofEtendard086.jpg

regards,

Mike.

Edited by mikeew

What you've done looks good so far, but without checking SuE photos, I would imagine the underside would be much more "streaky", you know oil stains, hydraulic fluid, general liquid gunk, all streaked backwards from panel lines, gear bays etc. Also, any rear facing exhaust vents tend to have dirty, kinda sooty deposits around their exit.

Agree with Nev here - you've covered the "cloudiness" quite well, and could add a bit more "streaks". Areas behind wheelwells always seem to be grotty, and panels under the engines always seem to be leaking something, so I would concentrate on those. The best thing is to find a pic of the aircraft type (and preferably service/nationality - maintenance procedures may vary between operators of the same aircraft type) and copy the "feel" from that. Still, I think you have done a sterling job with the kit, overcoming the challenging fit in places, and produced a very nice result.

Jens

That is a stunning job you've done on what is one of my favourite aircraft!! got me an old heller Etendard IVP in the stash, which i shall do in a similar french colour scheme. having followed the progress pics, i've got a very good reference!!

Smashing stuff!!

Hello

Cool Etendard, and in a changing scheme ...

Any politics aside, I think the Argentine Navy has appealing schemes, espec on Scooters.

Very well done ! :speak_cool:

regarding the undersides stainning it appears fine to me, with addition -concuring with the pack on it- of a few streaks.

Stef (#6)