Rescue Helos 1:32

Hello

Yesterday I got a number of 1:32 helicopters to build on order, for my own office - we are writing software for them, so my boss got an idea ;) I got a 1987's Revell BK117 ADAC and a Revell EC-135 Air Zermatt Swiss mountain rescue helicopters from a second-hand shelf and preordered a few more. These are a lot of "first of" for me, being first 1:32, first helicopters, and first large-scale civilians for me (usually 1:48 WW2 aircraft and 1:35 WW2 armor), so i have a few questions ;)

First, any tricks or tips for doing the large choppers?

Second, where do I get figures, such as pilot, medic or mountain rescue guys? Are also vehicles available somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...

Watch the fit of the windscreen. I don't have experience with those two particular kits so this may not apply, but a few of the 1/35th Academy/MRC kits I have messed with (1/48th helicopter kits too for that matter) needed some tweaking via sanding around the instrument panels, and also shimming the top or bottom seam to get a flush fit. Also watch the the width of the floors. They may need to be whittled down a bit so the fuselage halves meet up properly without a gap.

Figures you may be on your own per sey. There aren't any 1/32 figures that I know of, but I reckon you could modify some 1/35 figures to suit your purpose. Dragon as well some of the resin folks have made various helicopter crew figures, and the Academy UH-1C Huey Gunship has some nice figures that could be modified (if you can find someone to part with theirs).

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Alby