1/32 Revell F-16

Every so often, it's nice to have a bit of a challenge and see what can be done with a fairly basic kit. The Revell F-16 Tigermeet is one such kit, which needed a lot of work:

Photoetched cockpit parts used along with scratchbuilding - there wasn't even a throttle in the kit!

Canopy separated and extended at the back end with scratchbuilt opening mechanism;

Completely rescribed the raised panel lines;

Mixture of aftermarket decals and home made decals used;

Lots of filler needed due to poor fitting wings;

Intake interior built up with filler to hide the top of the nosewheel gear bay;

Jet nozzle interior detailed with strips of Dymo label tape;

Numerous other scratchbuilt items like antennae, lights, static discharger wicks etc added.

See what you think...

Dean

viper2.jpg

viper4.jpg

viper5.jpg

viper3.jpg

viper7.jpg

viper6.jpg

viper1.jpg

Thanks for the compliments folks, and Mish - glad to be of service. Didn't know you were such a Viper fan until now! Huh, us Newbies, eh?

Looks like American grey aircraft aren't to everyone's taste on here though...I'll try to find something brighter for my next post. :)

Cheers all,

Dean

Looks like American grey aircraft aren't to everyone's taste on here though...I'll try to find something brighter for my next post. :)

Don't listen to these old beardy weirdies Dean

GREY JETS ROOOOL!!

Love your work, as a rehabilitator of 1/32 Revell stuff myself. It's a kit that shows its age, but it certainly builds up nicely. Yours is top drawer, as usual!

Al