A few from the vaults

Hello All:

I don't recall posting anything of mine in this forum since I joined, but I've been going through some pics and found a few that I've done in the not too distant past that I hope you'll enjoy. The first three models are all scanned pictures, the fourth model was photographed with my digital camera. I'll appologize ahead of time for mediocre photography and a not so hot scanner at the time. I've posted them as thumbnails, so just click them for bigger images.

th_komet.jpgth_Komet_1.jpg

First up: From 2004, My very first "What If" project. This is Academy's lovely 1/72 ME-163 Komet. The decals are a mix of the kit decal stencils and national markings from the old Airfix Fiat G.50. Painted with a brush.

th_siebel.jpgth_Hallore_2.jpgth_Hallore_3.jpg

Next: From about 2003, Pavla's 1/72 Siebel fh-104 Hallore. My first try at a limited run type kit. The interesting combination of military markings and civil registration codes kept my attention long enough to see me through some of the more challenging aspects of this one. Panited with a brush.

th_raafvark01.jpgth_raafvark02.jpgth_raafvark03.jpg

And then: From 2004, Hasegawa's 1/72 FB-111 Aardvark reissued as a RAAF F-111G. Built straight from the box. Painted with an Aztec dual action airbrush.

th_gripen5.jpgth_gripen1.jpgth_gripen4.jpg

Finally: From 2006, Bilek's Reissue of Italeri's 1/72 Gripen. The first, and so far only, model I have completed since I arrived in the Czech Republic in 2004. The kit included decals and PE from Extratech to make it properly Czech. I also included an aftermarket tailpipe and afterburner from an Eduard PE set and a resin cockpit from Pavla. Painted with a brush.

Any and all commentary welcomed.