Frog/Novo Airacobra

Heraldcoupe

I found a bagged shot of the Novo Airacobra during a clear out. Not one I'm going to rush into myself, but it's worth passing on to my eight year old son. Unfortunately, there are no instructions - does anyone have a scan of these they could help me with?

It's not the world's most challenging kit and I'm sure we could all wing it at a push, only seems fair to give a the lad a fighting chance though!

Cheers,

Bill.

I haven't checked with my Frog bible, but I don't believe this kit was ever issued by anybody other than as a test shot - I have one myself - of which some 100 came on to the market. There were a few decal sheets printed but no instructions or boxes. Pardon the pun, but you and your son will have to 'wing' it!

peebeep

I haven't checked with my Frog bible, but I don't believe this kit was ever issued by anybody other than as a test shot - I have one myself - of which some 100 came on to the market. There were a few decal sheets printed but no instructions or boxes. Pardon the pun, but you and your son will have to 'wing' it!

It wasn't issued by Frog, and I've never seen a boxed Novo edition, but bagged kits with Russian instructions have been on ebay fairly recently.

Cheers,

Bill.

The kit was given a Novo number - 78108 - but none were manufactured for Novo. The tooling must have come to the surface somewhere in the former Soviet Union and someone decided to do a run (or three if you get my drift). I would guess the Russian instructions are worse than useless - there was an example recently of ex-Frog Wellingtons coming with instructions that had been clumsily copied from the Airfix Wellington kit.

peebeep

Got a couple of the Frog P-39's in the loft somewhere, got a couple of the Ventura's as well moulded in horrible yellow plastic, must dig them out sometime haven't seen them for a long, long time. Why not try punting the P-39 on Ebay? Lot of Frog collectors out there, buy the young 'un a couple of kits out of the proceeds.

Cheers

Phil

I found a bagged shot of the Novo Airacobra during a clear out. Not one I'm going to rush into myself, but it's worth passing on to my eight year old son. Unfortunately, there are no instructions - does anyone have a scan of these they could help me with?

It's not the world's most challenging kit and I'm sure we could all wing it at a push, only seems fair to give a the lad a fighting chance though!

Cheers,

Bill.

there was an example recently of ex-Frog Wellingtons coming with instructions that had been clumsily copied from the Airfix Wellington kit.

Quality!

I won't hold my breath on this one then. Maybe I ought to put the kit aside in case I meet a desperate collector.... :evil_laugh:

CHeers,

Bill.