Hawker Hurricane Mk.I

Hello everyone,

I wondered what you might think of this one, its the 1/48 Hasegawa kit finished in the markings of Sqn.Ldr. Douglas Bader. I built it OOB with the exception of drilled out exhausts, a P/E seat harness and a vac-form canopy. Let me know what you think, good or bad.

242s3.jpg

Sqn.Ldr. Douglas Bader with the men of 242 Sqn. RAF Colishall, 1940.

DSCF0014.JPG

DSCF0032.JPG

DSCF0044.JPG

DSCF0056.JPG

DSCF0064.JPG

DSCF0065.JPG

Drool Bucket Please :yikes: Life rafts & life jackets everyone :yikes:

Apart from the fact I cant stand Bader on the best of days (awaits nuclear attack :analintruder: ) this model is out of this world :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Bex von DroolingLikeMad

Guest snipersmudge

smashing model looks very effective with douglas stood next to it. well done, what make of figure is that by the way

Daz that's an awesome looking build and well and truly up to your usual high standards :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2: .

Did you have any trouble with the vac for canopy, they usually scare the willys out of me.

Cheers

Hiya Darren!

Glad you like my kite! I got the vac form canopy off Frank and yes, it was a bugger to work with, but considering my ham-fisted methods, I recon I did OK.

Now, when are you getting stuck into that Harrier? :wicked:

Apart from the fact I cant stand Bader on the best of days (awaits nuclear attack :analintruder: )

Bex, go to your naughty corner and hang your head in shame :tease:

I was lucky enough to meet and briefly talk with Sir Douglas Badar when he popped into Duxford in his Miles Gemini (I think) on a schools event day may years ago. I was in awe I can tell you.

Edited by Mish

That is awesome! I am in awe.

Fantastic build there Darren. These are the type of builds I like. The model with a little extra for interest. Absolutely brilliant.

Bex: You deserve to be sent to your room and no tv for a week for a comment like that!:):) But we are all entitled to our opinions. I met the old fella in 1982 at a book signing and despite what people have written and said about him over the years, I found him engaging, charming and a thoroughly decent chap.

Edited by GoonerChris

Lovely job on the plane, and the michelin man figure captures the pugnosed, bloody minded arrogance of the real Duggie B!

:yahoo: Someone agrees with me.

Bexy

What a fantastic build and display Darren. :worthy: Love him or loath him, he was the right man, in the right place, at the right time, just like the gentleman who designed the Hurricane he flew. Nice to see a piece of Coltishall's history in 3D mate.

Bloody brilliant!

Regards

Andy :)

So where are the rest of the figures to match the photo? :P

Very nice build, and the Bader figure really does capture his likeness. :goodjob: