Devils Chariot

Hi all :) this is my first ever helicopter build, its the 1/48th Revell Mil Mi Hind 24 D, as if you didn't no :whistle: the build was all right some bits like the door rods was a bit of guess work, the plans didn't show exactly were they go so I hope its okay :blush: , I took a liberty with the green I didn't have the right match, so I'll leave it at that your opinions good/bad will be appreciated :D

2008_0105Devilschariot0014.jpg

2008_0105Devilschariot0015.jpg

2008_0105Devilschariot0016.jpg

2008_0105Devilschariot0017.jpg

Edited by Johnny Red

Damn, that's one mean looking beast. Great build. :speak_cool:

I like it!

The only thing, i'd give it a good flat cover, as the beasts look very matt. As with the green, I have seen a pair of Hinds in a bright grass green and very bright yellow camo and markings unknown (something african I'd assume) to me being loaded into an An-124 at St.Petersburg international Airport in 2005.. A Tu-154 I was in taxied some 50 meters from those, and even stopped for a while... ;)

I'd echo the application of a matt coat, but otherwise it looks great.

Gotta love the Hind, one mean looking sucka!

Johnny, welcome to the world of rotary modelling, looks great, a real mean beast!

As for the finish, if you can get to a Gamesworkshop get a can (rattle can) of their Purecoat Satin finish. Its not quite matt but isn't gloss, IMHO gives just the right sheen that matt painted metal gives.

Oh and it only take a couple of minutes to apply!!

Great work there matey

Cheers every one :) , I thought she looked a bit on the shinny side, my biggest mistake I think was not putting Phil's weathering wash on first and then the Klear to finished her, I did it the other way round :doh: . (don't ask)

I was surprise at how glossy the Tamiya Smoke was to, OzH thanks mate I saw your brilliant Lynx, I think it's does a modeller good to step away from what he/she usually builds, I have 3 more Hinds to build :pilot: