A gaggle of 1:72 post-war RAF/RN

Hello all,

I've been quietly admiring some truly brilliant modeling from all of you for a few months now, and thought it was time for me to properly introduce myself! I'm 22 and a university student studying on a programme in France. As such, I haven't managed much building the last few months, save tinkering about brush-painting a microscopic 1:72 Fokker Dr.1 just to keep my modeling addiction manageable...I suppose it's alright to confess these sorts of things here :D

I've split my time the last few years between Britain, the U.S. & France with family/studies and such, so I find myself having to check my passport anymore to remember what to call myself. Definitly not finding much long-hidden inner-Frenchness though :hmmm:

Naturally, It's a bit difficult to keep up modeling moving about so often, but here's what I've managed in the last year or so...

Italeri Hercules C.1P, aftermarket props/ decals, the kit was a re-build of a C-130E which a friend had converted to an AC-130A...

2317805945_16ac8db1d4_b.jpg

My pair of Hasegawa Tornados, Gulf War GR.1 with Xtradecal's sheet, the Luftwaffe IDS straight from the box

2298331989_4abf60f655_b.jpg

My Matchbox PR.9...I'd rather not say how much time I sunk into this only to have Xtrakit come out with an absolutely gorgeous kit a month later :rant:

2299127166_e4b7bcd66e_b.jpg

My 1:72 RN Gannet Mk2 straight from the box. Really enjoyed this kit, it saved me from binning the PR.9 in an all too frequent, righteous-bouts of Matchbox-induced wrath!! :wall:

2298332479_4dc7f73fd3_b.jpg

3 Squadron Harrier GR.1, converted from a salvaged AMT AV-8A kit...a really rubbish kit with more than a few missing parts, all considered I was satisfied enough...

2299126416_f7c4c0881d_b.jpg

They're no masterpieces, but I hope you enjoy them anyway...

Cheers,

A. Church

Edited by Arie
  • Like 1

Oooohhhh that Brawdy based Gunnit is nice.

The Trumpy kit I take it,judging by the flaps and exhausts anyway.

That great big hairy Charlie 130 is pretty nifty too.I like the story of how you've recycled it from someone else's model.

Mark

Oooohhhh that Brawdy based Gunnit is nice.

The Trumpy kit I take it,judging by the flaps and exhausts anyway.

That great big hairy Charlie 130 is pretty nifty too.I like the story of how you've recycled it from someone else's model.

Mark

I enjoyed the 130, but I think it will be awhile before I do something that large again by choice!

I had actually helped convert the original version to an AC-130 a few years back. If I remember I mostly did the hacking of holes into the (then) beautiful fuselage with a razor saw (aie!) Anyway, he got sick of it so I got to rebuild the bugger...

Hello. Got some very respectable builds there, love the Herc and fin especially. Gannets don't do much for me :tapedshut: Unfortuanatly we all have things that get in the way of building models, jobs, wives, kids, sleep, etc but you will get a lot of encouragement here.

Cheers

I could cry! Mine are never like that.

Real nice work Arie especially the Gannet.